Monday, December 30, 2013

Fresh Seaberry Exfoliating Soap

I have been spending much more time than usual at the Fresh counter in my local Sephora and I have been picking more and more items up from this company than I ever have before.  I have quickly become addicted to their face masks and I now want to pick up their face oil once I finish up my current bottle of Josie Maran Argan Oil.  One of my last purchases from Fresh was a highly rated bar soap and one that I have been loving for my dry winter skin.  I have always had dry skin on my body every winter but this has been a rather harsh winter so far and my skin has had far more dry patches than normal.  I normally used shower gels (or a rare bar soap) from Bath and Body Works or LUSH and I tend to look to very few other companies for body products.  I decided to branch out a bit and try a body product from a company that has been producing some of my favorite face products so far.

Fresh has a pretty large line of body products and I will need to order more of these in the coming months.  I started with a bar soap that multiple sales associates at Sephora recommended to me for helping to treat and soothe very dry winter skin.  The Fresh Seaberry Exfoliating Soap is just one product in their range of bar soaps and I am ready to pick up another bar of this product as soon as I run out of it.  I don't know that I will be using this product all throughout the year and I am sure that I will go back to my favorite Bath and Body Works shower gels once spring comes.  I have been using this bar soap every morning for the past few days and I have been very impressed so far.

"A triple-milled soap that gently buffs away dry, dull skin while cleansing the body to reveal a smooth complexion.  Seaberry Exfoliating Soap gently buffs away dry, dull skin while cleansing the body to even skin tone and reveal a radiant glow. The nourishing formula is fortified with seaberry oil, a powerful antioxidant rich in omegas that restores and softens the skin. Natural exfoliants of cranberry, bamboo, and bitter orange help diminish dehydrated skin, while shea butter nourishes and hydrates. Triple-milled to last longer, it produces a rich, non-drying lather for a luxurious cleansing experience.", states the Sephora website.

The website also provides a quick story about the history of this ingredient (as it does for nearly every Fresh product), "The story of seaberry: “When I was two, living in a small town in East Siberia, I tipped over a pot of boiling water and burned my arm. The doctor treated me with a pasty orange salve that I later learned was seaberry oil. Native to Siberia, this restorative oil has been used for generations as a natural cure.”—Lev Glazman, Fresh Co-founder".  High quality ingredients are very important to Fresh as a brand and they are known for providing all kinds of background about their products and the active ingredients contained in them.

I have been using this bar soap only in the morning and keeping with my traditional routine of Bath and Body Works shower gels and body moisturizers at night.  I like this product in the morning because it smells very fresh and helps me to wake up in the shower.  It also gently scrubs off the dead skin and leaves hydrating ingredients in its place.  I love that this bar soap rinses clean and leaves no residue on the skin, a great feeling for before I get dressed and go to work.  I really don't have any cons about this product and I will be purchasing another bar of it once my current bar runs out.  It seems like Fresh has more shower gels than bar soaps so I will check many of those out once the weather starts to warm up and my skin is a bit less dry overall.

photo courtesy of Fresh

No comments: