Monday, August 30, 2010

Bath and Body Works Dark Kiss

This is the biggest fragrance launch for Bath and Body Works in ages. Dark Kiss is the fragrance of the fall for them and will be the fragrance of this season for many women too, I suspect. This fragrance has been hyped since the end of July when the small sizes were one doolar each to introduce it to everyone. Myself, I have been waiting since I first smelled it in July to buy it. I had made my mental shopping list within about ten minutes of letting the fragrance set on my skin. This fragrance launched on Friday morning and I let Bath and Body Works that day with a bag full of products in this scent.

The Bath and Body Works website states, "Master perfumers have blended voluptuous berries, tempting blooms, sensual incense, and night musk for this daring and seductive fragrance. It is a modern take of forbidden love that will unleash your most primal passions". The top notes of the fragrance are: Bergamot, Incense, Mirabelle Plum, Black Raspberry. The heart notes are: Amber, Burgundy Rose, Geranium, Peony. The base notes are: Dark Vanilla Bean, Labdanum, Vetiver, Sensual Balsam, Musks. This is a great combination of the heavy florals that I go so nuts for in the cooler weather.

On myself, this fragrance starts out with the berry notes then the deep florals and the vanilla develops. I love that it has no "plastic" berry notes that some fragrances have and that rose is a major note in it. And just to prove that this is the major fragrance launch for Bath and Body Works, I have not only purchased the body products in this scent but the first product in my bag was the EDT. I rarely ever buy the perfumes from this company but this one is truely stunning.

I have already bought the EDT, the shower gel, and the Triple Moisture Body Cream in this fragrance. Body product wise, you can also purchase this fragrance in the body lotion, the Triple Moisture Shower Cream, a hand cream, and the body splash. Candles, oils, and Wallflower bulbs are also available, however the home fragrance products smell more strongly of the berry than the body products, I did pass on those. As a new addition, a lip gloss is also available in this scent! It is a sheer deep berry shiimer that smells much like real raspberries. A jar of these were on the table and one went right into my shopping bag after I was playing with the tester.

I highly recommend that youall get to your closest Bath and Body Works and give this fragrance a shot. Even if this one isn't for you, they now have lots of Halloween products out and some to-die-for smelling fall candles. I might have bought some of these items also that day...

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: