Sunday, August 8, 2010

MAC Digi-Dazzle

Digi-Dazzle is the latest installment from MAC for fall. I feel like this collection was debuted at the Nordstrom Beauty Event since a new lip line was brought out then, consisting only of Lipsticks with a sparkly finish. The MAC website gives a description of the collection, "We took out the razzle, kept the dazzle, and added a hint of glee! Thirteen colours to astonish, awe, and electrify the lippiest critic. A limited-edition collection that makes boredom and predictability a thing of the past. What modern lips do best: Digi-Dazzle. Do you compute?"

Here are the new Lipsticks...

Lipstick - High-shine lip colour meets triple-drama sparkle and shine when multi-sizes of pearl pigments team up with rich creamy colour to create a superbly glam-rock effect for the lips. Long-wearing. Hydrating for smooth application.
- Smash Hit - white beige (Dazzle)
- Infused With Glam - copper brown (Dazzle)
- Liquid Lurex - tarnished golden (Dazzle)
- Sweet Bits - light lavender pink (Dazzle)
- Win-Win - light pink (Dazzle)
- Glaringly Hip - light peach (Dazzle)
- Hot Sass - bright orange (Dazzle)
- Naughty You - neon pink (Dazzle)
- Troublemaker - magenta (Dazzle)
- Hellraiser - light lavender (Dazzle)
- Baby's On Fire - deep red (Dazzle)
- Snazzy - deep plum (Dazzle)
- Wham - plum brown (Dazzle)

I don't know why but I'm not just feeling these super-pigmented, very sparkly lipsticks. I really liked Dazzleglasses but the last few releases from this company along this style haven't been for me. From this collection, I want to try some of the lighter shades since they will at least contain somewhat less pigment than the deeper ones. I like the Sweet Bits and Win-Win and I might consider trying Hellraiser out. I have a great track record with MAC red lipsticks so I do plan to swatch Baby's On Fire and decide if I could pull it off.

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: