Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Fekkai Brillant Glossing Cream

Fekkai's Brillant Glossing Cream is one of those cult products that has taken the beauty world by storm and held it's status for several years. An Allure winner and a top seller for the Fekkai collection, this is the hero product for the collection and normally the first item that a person is introduced to from the Fekkai collection. I first bought this product several years ago when it was sold at Bath and Body Works and I have replaced it several times even though I own tons of shine products.

This cream is part of the Glossing line, a line of products that are made to promote shine with the use of Olive Oil to hydrate, sleekify, and add tons of shine to the outer cuticle of the hair. The Sephora website states the following about the product, "An antifrizz, shine-promoting finishing formula for all hair types. This superstar formula delivers shine-boosting olive oil spheres that create seriously soft, reflective shine for all-day-stunning strands. The Glossing Collection uses breakthrough encapsulation technology to help deliver brillantly reflective shine from root to tip, all day long".

I use this product as a finishing product on dry and straightened hair. I have know people who is it on wet hair prior to blow drying but I don't feel that it has enough straightening properties to help my hair when used that way. This product is best for thick or coarse hair, it has tended to weight fine hair down (for those with fine hair, Fekkai offers a spray version of this product that is much lighter). I use a pea sized dot for my whole head and I start by warming it up in my hands until the texture becomes closer to that of a liquid. Then I apply it to my hair from the ears down.

I find that this product gives my thick hair great results and I am very happy with it. The scent of the product is very strongly olive oil and while I like it, not everyone shares my same thoughts on it. This prpduct is famous for a reason and if you have thick hair that needs some extra shine, I highly recommend this product.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: