Friday, August 13, 2010

Stila Convertible Color

We have less than a month until Labor Day and somehow this heat wave is back. I don't enjoy using powder formula blushes in the warm weather, since I feel like they streak off much more when I sweat (so like the second that I step out of my house). I really have only one cream blush that I love (from Vincent Longo) so I am trying to get out and find a few more. For the winter months, my cheeks get really dry so another layer of hydration certainly won't hurt them.

However, cream blushes are not that easy to find when wondering around Sephora. I remembered that several months ago, I was reading In Style and they listed the Stila Convertible Color product in their Best of Beauty list. Also, when reading that magazine, the product's packaging caught my eyes since it is housed in a very pretty compact.
The Stila website gives a great description of the product. "Stila's ingenious lipstick and blush-in-one proves to be irresistable. This versatile favorite brightens cheeks and lips with creamy, translucent color. Tap onto cheeks and press onto lips. The sheer tint adds an inherent glow to the cheeks while lips bloom with fresh, radiant color. Our two-in-one compact holds the key to an easy, monochromatic makeup. A must-have in every Stila girl's kit".

The shades...

- Camellia - midtone neutral rose
- Fushcia - bright pink
- Gerbera - warm medium peach
- Lillium - light bronze tan
- Peony - midtone neutral pink
- Petunia - deep pink
- Poppy - midtone plum

I can't wait to go and try these out! I think that I am going to start with either Petunia or Camellia and then branch out and get Peony and maybe Fushcia. I hope this product lives up to it's reputation...

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: