Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Bath and Body Works Pure, Simple, Signature

Pure, Simple, Signature is a newer line to the Bath and Body Works line of body products. This is a smaller line with only five current scents in it and it is only available online and in select stores. The line itself is a great concept, each fragrance is based on one note and only one note. The fragrance smells like that note and nothing perfumy or musky is added to change the fragrance. I feel that this collection will have a wide appeal since not everyone likes stronger scents and some fragrances could even be considered unisex. For instance, I could totally see my sixteen year old brother using the Tangerine or the Pear fragrances.

As I stated above, there are only five fragrances available in this line. Linen, a clean fresh fragrance; Tangerine, a one note citrus; Pear, a very light one note fragrance; Passionfruit, a light creamy fruit fragrance; and Coconut, a 100% true coconut fragrance. Several of them remind me of earlier fragrances that have been long discontinued. When I was in middle school, I had a pear scent from Victoria's Secret and this new fragrance is very close. Coconut reminds me of the old Creamy Coconut (that I hoard at Semi-Annual), and Tangerine reminds me of the old C.O. Bigelow Clementine products.

All of the fragrances are available in shower gel and lotion, only some are available in body mists. Also, they are all available in candles. I can't check exact availabilty on the mists right now since the Bath and Body Works website only has the candles in stock. I do believe that I saw the Coconut and the Passionfruit in body mists, there might be more.

I will have to go to store and find what is left of this line pretty soon. I want all the body products in the Coconut. I want the shower gel and lotion in the Pear and Tangerine fragrances. So far, it seems that this concept is a hit and I would love to see how Bath and Body Works decides to run with it in the coming seasons. Apple in the fall? Rose in the spring? Daisy in the summer?

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: