Monday, August 16, 2010

Korres Wild Rose 24-Hour Moisturizer SPF 6

Now I can even use roses on my face... And they are good for me too! The Greek line Korres has an entire face care line devoted to my favorite flower. "Rich in wild rose oil, Wild Rose skincare formulas form a protective barrier on the epidermis that improves the texture of the skin and, more importantly, allow cells to regenerate. That's great news for those with fine lines and wrinkles; dark under-eye circles; a dull, uneven skintone; and hyperpigmentation", states the Sephora website.

I am currently using my first prodct from this line, the face cream. I bought this cream at Sephora several weeks ago after I was intrigued by being able to use rose oil on my face. "An extraordinary, 24-hour intensive moisturizer for normal and dry skin, Wild Rose has a rich, yet light texture and a unique blossom scent, plus whitening wild rose oil and an SPF of 6 to help prevent brown spots caused by sun damage".

After using this product for about two weeks, I have found that it has a bunch of great benefits and one major drawback. First the benefits. It hydrates my skin very well without feeling oily or clogging my pores. The Wild Rose Oil is also calming to my facial redness and the natural formula doesn't irritate my skin. The fragrance is very light but noticeable and I find it relaxing to use at night. The cream absorbs well and doesn't leave a white cast on my face. Summary, this is a great face cream for me and anyone who has skin close to my skin type.

The one big drawback about this product? What is up with an SPF of 6?! I need to see at least a 30 or higher in my skincare and I personally prefer to use a separate sunscreen instead of one that comes mixed into my face cream. If this product had either a high SPF or no SPF at all, it would be my ideal face cream. In addition to the low SPF, I can't really layer another SPF with it because the lower of the numbers will dilute the higher formula.

I am really upset about the SPF because I have really been liking this face cream over the past two weeks. If that issue was corrected, this could become a favorite product of mine. I do recommend it to those who have a skin type like mine but the SPF issue needs to be worked around.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: