Saturday, August 28, 2010

Kat Von D Adora Collection Perfume

The Kat Von D collection that was just released is named Adora and consists of a new fragrance and makeup products. Today we will look at the fragrance and tommorrow we will look at the colour products in this new collection. I am lukewarm about many aspects of Kat Von D collections except my love of her eye makeup and her packaging. I find the packaging very pretty on this collection but I have yet to look at the contents of the perfume bottle and rollerball to find out.

The Sephora website states the following about the new fragrance, "Adora means 'Beloved One' in Latin. For Kat, Adora reflects the next chapter in her personal evolution - an introspective renaissance discovered through deep layers, stories, and scars. She's a romantic soul with an edgy exterior. Adora is a sensual and passionate perfume journey - unexpected and provactive. This scent reveals a stirring glimpse into an enigmatic life...tortured, beautiful, and brutally honest. At the top, crushed juicy notes of lychee and boysenberry intertwine with thyme and a crisp shot of cassis. The heart fuses the distinct sweetness of hyacinth with jasmine to create floral notes, enhanced by freshly peeled mango. At the base, patchouli finds her spiritual matches with sheer musk and amber wood".

Sephora also gives some background about the bottle design. "Inspired by one of Kat's favorite art nouveau artist (Alfonso Mucha), the solid black bottle's side panels are decorated with original sketches of whimsical features, flowers, and butterflies, in a captivating red ink". Not my favorite perfume bottle that I have ever seen but it is still very pretty.

Here are the notes: Lychee, Boysenberry, Thyme, Cassis, Hyacinth, Jasmine, Mango Flesh, Patchouli, Sheer Musk, Amber Wood.

I found this fragrance to be a bit too sweet for me when I tried it out at Sephora. It is classified as a floral fragrance but there was too much berry and mango in it for me to wear it as a floral. I also felt that those notes were too light to balance out the patchouli notes in it after it fully develops. I really just don't love the sweet berries in it and that ruined it for me. I will be passing on this fragrance. Hopefully the makeup collection will work out better for me...

photo courtesy of Sephora

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I love Kat von D and I definitely will get her new fragrance. I also purchased her Beethoven eyeshadow palette. She is the most amazing tattoo artist ever.