Friday, August 20, 2010

Essie Fall 2010 Collection

Hello everyone! Sorry for my MIA-ness over the past two days. Tuesday night, my care decided to get the key stuck in the ignition so over the past two days, I have been spending my free time arranging rides and making appointments with the dealership. Add that to all the overtime that I have been working this week and you have the perfect combination for me not even gettting near the computer. However, all of this is mostly figured out so I am back to thinking about beauty again.

Today we are going to look at the Essie Fall 2010 collection, available on the first day of September. My last trip to Ulta I noticed that they have a great display of colors from this collection so I do recommend looking here for your next purchase. This collection contains six new colors that are based on sewing and making clothing. On first glance, this collection contains some great new shades for the upcoming fall season.

The first shade is called In Stitches and is a medium neutral beige. This shade has a cream finish and would be a good everyday shade for the work place. I think that I will be skipping this shade since I am afraid that my skintone might be too pink to pull this off well.

The second shade is one of my favorites and it is called Limited Addiction. It is deep cream red and this one will be great with all the dark colored clothing that I have already bought for this fall. I will be picking this shade up but I do admit that this shade is easily dupable and could be found from many other lines.

The next shade is my choice for the runaway hit of the collection. It is a cream gray called Sew Psyched and would be a good choice for those with cool toned skin. Purple and plum hues are the most popular shades for fall and this polish shade will work very well with them.

The fourth shade is named Merino Cool and this is another one of my picks that will sell quite quickly. This is a deeper toned gray shade and all of the same comments from above apply to it. I want to get both of these gray shades right when the collection hits.

The next shade is Velvet Voyeur and it is deep plum cream that is right in tune with all the trends for color this season. I like this shade but it is another one that could be very easily dupable from other companies.

The last shades is the one that I like this least. It is named Little Brown Dress and it is deep warm brown. This shade will not work for me since it is too warm but this shade will work on someone else with deeper and warmer skin than myself.

The first two shades that I get from this collection are Merino Cool and Sew Psyched. After I buy those, I will get Velvet Voyeur and Limited Addiction. So far, I only see these shades up on the Essie website but I am hopeful that once they are released for purchase that the company will also offer small sets in these shades.

photo courtesy of Essie

No comments: