Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Get Cheeky With Too Faced

Too Faced has just released three new blush shades for the summer. This is the first time that this company has released single blush shades instead of just releasing palette after palette. i don't know about anyone else but I really don't like using blushes that are in palettes since I think that they are too small for my blush to be throughly saturated with pigment. So this introduction got me really excited. The packaging are cute as ever, Too Faced really gets the concept of amazing packaging as well as any company. These shades are said to be good for any complexion but i can't really see all of these shades working for anyone from myself to the deepest of skin tones.

The first shade is called Papa Don't Peach and is the peachiest shade of the collection. "Too Faced Papa Don't Peach Blush adds a warm burst of fresh peach for a fresh-flushed face. This sheer shade gives your complexion a lovely lift - no matter what your skintone might be." This shade is sheer and natural and would be great for lazy, low maintence days. And the name of this product? This must be my favorite name for a product ever. I love Papa Don't Preach and when I was a kid I called the song Papa Don't Peach.

The second shade is called Pinch My Petals and is the pink shade of the collection. "Too Faced Pinch My Petals is a fresh and light blossom of pinkish mauves that brighten cheeks, forehead, and chin for a perfectly pretty glow. Give yourself a fresh flush with this sheer shade that gives your complexion a lovely lift - no matter what your skintone may be." I love this shade, this might just be a perfect match for me.

The last shade in this collection is called Mocha Mi Amore and is the deepest shade of the collection and the one that I do not think would work out for me at all. "Too Faced Mocha Mi Amore is a rich and creamy mocha brown shade that serves as a pick-me-up for the face or anywhere else you want a natural glow. This sheer shade gives your complexion a lift- no matter what your skintone might be."

I refuse to believe that these shades will work equally well for every skintone, I just don't think that it is possible given the huge variations in skintones and complexions. That being said, I think that Pinch My Petals and Papa Don't Peach will work very well for myself. I cannot wait to give these two shades a test run.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: