Saturday, June 20, 2009

Smashbox Halo Powder

Smashbox has recently just released a powder called the Halo Powder. This product is the first of its kind and it is much more than just a regular powder. The official name for this product is Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder. It is considered to be a face-perfecting anti-aging powder and seems as though it would the end-all product in any woman's skincare and makeup regime.

The description of this product from the Sephora website is right here, "Smashbox HALO Hydrating Perfecting Powder HALO is the first anti-aging powder with the science of skincare built right in. It's advanced formulation of pure gold, 48 minerals, 11 amino acids, and a powerful peptide deliver powerful anti-aging benefits while the patented hydration system continously revitalizes skin and provides a hydrated look that won't accentuate lines and wrinkles. The built-in shaver allows for the convenience of a pressed pwoder combined with radiant finish of a loose one, and the supersized brush deposits the perfect amount of powder every time".

This powder is amde for all skin types and is free of oil, talc, and parabens. This product includes a custom Travel Kabuki Brush for flawless application. Also Smashbox has done clinical testing on this product with some rather impressive results. After 10 minutes, there is a 33% decrease in the appearance of wrinkles around the eye area. Also, after 6 weeks of use, there is a 67% decrease in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles overall. I'm not really in need of a product right now that decreases the appearance of lines and wrinkles but I bet that this will appeal to women of all ages.

I am currently trying to decide between purchasing this product and the Make Up For Ever HD Loose Powder. I prefer the look of loose powder over pressed powder but I hate the mess that can come with the application of loose powders. And also they are not portable in any way, shape, or form. This product solves the storage and the portable issues that I have with loose powders. I know that I really won't bother with the travel size brush so that doesn't weight either product in my favor. I guess that I will have to try both products at Sephora and decide which one I prefer the texure of. Or I might just buy both...

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: