Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Lavanila Vanilla Coconut

To my mind, there is nothing more summery than the wonderful scent of coconut. Add that scent to pure, creamy vanilla and I am transported to heaven in the form of a tropical beach vacation. However, no tropical beach vacation will be occuring this summer for myself so I have to make do with smelling the fragrances that transport my mind to my island oasis. Enter Lavanila's Vanilla Coconut fragrance.

Lavanila is a company that prides themselves on using 100% natural ingredients and considers their product to be "healthy fragrances". Sephora describes the scent of this fragrance as "sweet paradise found". I think this is exactly what I have had in mind during the slew of rainy days that we are having here in the Northeast.

Sephora states that, "Escape with Vanilla Coconut filled with an indulgent blend of young coconut, hints of Monoi Tiare (a Tahitian white flower), and a warm sensual base of Madagascar vanilla bean. You'll instantly be transported to an island of healthy delights. LAVANILA carefully infuses pure essential oils with 100 precent active botanicals for natural fragrances that are fresh, clean, and nurturing. With each spray, proprietary natural technology wraps the skin with super anti-oxidants goji berry and kadaku plum, soothing willowherb, and hydrating olive leaf for a healthy dose of 30 essential vitamins and minerals and 19 amino acids. Imagine, a fragrance that not only smells good but is good for you!" The notes are coconut, tiare flower, heliotrope, sandalwood, and Madagascar vanilla.

My only complaint with this product is that the lasting power is not fantastic but I guess that is to be expected of a fragrance that is considered to be based on natural ingredients and not artifical chemicals. This fragrance comes in two sizes of EDT sprays, a shower gel, a body butter, and a deodorant. At one point, I thought that I had seen candles from this line at Sephora but they aren't listed up on the website so I guess they were a limited edition product.

My only wish...that this product would be made in a bath milk. Lavanila, are you listening?!

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: