Sunday, June 14, 2009

Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Line

The Victoria's Secret Semi-Annual Sale is almost upon us. I know that everyone goes to this sale for the cute panties, bras, sleepwear, and the like. But today and tommorrow, we are going to look at some other reasons to hit up the sale. I am not really a fan of the traditional products but the Beauty Rush line has really captured my interest. The company recently redid some of this line, introduced a 3 in 1 body wash, and got rid of the glitter spiked products. There are currently six permanent fragrances in this collection and they introduce new fragrance that come out for each season. The seasonal fragrances usually only come out in lotions, mists, and lip gloss. I usually tend to avoid these limited time collections since I am not a fan of the lotions or the mists.

Here are the first three fragrances and tommorrow we will look at the other three.

The first fragrance is my favorite, Appletini. This fragrance first came out in 2005 in a limited edition summer collection at Bath and Body Works. This is the fragrance that never sold at my store so of course it was the one that I loved the most. I am actually on my last old bottle of it from that time period. This a light fragrance and reminds me of apple Jolly Ranchers instead of apple martinis. It is much sweeter than the smell of the drink, which is probably a good thing for sales of the scent. The company describes it a "cool, tart, sweetly intense treat".

The second fragrance is called Juiced Berry. I normally hate berry scents so I was really surprised when I tried this one on and fell in love with it. It contains none of the vanilla or musk undertones that most fragrances do. It is just clean, pure berry notes. This fragrance is quite sweet and many people state that it reminds them of a berry candy scent. The company describes it as a "blast of super ripe berries".

The third fragrance is called Honey Do and this is their newest fragrance. I love this one, it is cool, clean, fruity all at the same time. It smells exactly like honeydew melons and the scent of the cream lingers quite a long time after using it. This one has no description from the company but it you smell a honeydew, you will get this fragrance.
The fourth fragrance is Candy Baby. This one is the sweetest of all of the fragrances. It is a mixture of cotton candy and sweet vanilla notes. This one is a bit lighter than Pink Sugar and it a great fragrance for a someone who is not sure that they are ready to smell like a carnival. the company describes it as a "sweet puff of cotton candy".
The fifth fragrance is called Coconut Craze and I initially thought this was a true coconut fragrance when I sniffed it in the bottle but when it is applied to the skin, I can smell the coconut notes and pineapple notes. It reminds me very much of a pina colada.
The last fragrance is called Slice of Heaven. This is another sweet, gourmand fragrance. It is cakey and has some vanilla frosting notes in it. This one is also lighter than most gourmand fragrance on the market today. The company describes it as "a sugary slice of sweet vanilla cake". This is another great choice for someone who is just beginning to try sweet fragrances.
This line offers a fragrance mist, a 3 in 1 wash, and three forms of moisturizers.
Body Double Mist - Two layers of skin conditioners and fragrance mix things up for soft, scented skin.
Body 3 in 1 Wash for Shower, Bubble Bath, & Hair - A multi-task wash that's a triple treat! Moisture-rich shower gel, bubble bath, and shampoo with provitamin B5 leaves skin and hair soft and scented.
Body Glimmer Swirl Cream - Super-nourishing body cream with Provitamin B and shea butter quenches skin with shimmering moisture.
Body Drink Lotion - Natural skin conditioners make for a super-soft, moisture drenched bod.
Body Souffle Moisture Cream - A luminous take on weightless hydration. Fluffy souffle cream with nourishing aloe and avocado oil wraps skin in sweet, silky moisture.
I love all the fragrances for different reasons but I do have to state that my favorites are Candy Baby, Appletini, and Honey Do. My favorite products are the 3 in 1s, the glimmer cream, and moisture cream. The glimmer cream leaves a subtle shimmer that is great on summer bronzed skin. I do not like the oily feeling that the body mist leaves and the lotion is just an average lotion, the other hydrators are much better.
Grab some of these treats with your panties and bras!
photo courtesy of Victoria's Secret

No comments: