Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Stella McCartney Sheer Stella

Several weeks ago I finished up my bottle of Stella, my favorite rose scent ever. This fragrance is spiked with amber so it is bit heavy for the spring and summer seasons. So I have to save this fragrance for the cooler months and find something different in warmer weather. I have many different fragrances but this one is still my favorite and I miss it all the time during the spring and summer months.

As if an answer to my prayers, Stella McCartney has released a warm weather version of this fragrance so now I can enjoy it all year round. This fragrance is Limited Edition so I will be needing to head out and get it pretty quickly. I find the original fragrance to be both sexy and pretty at the same time. I smelled the lighter version of this fragrance and it is retains the pretty factor. However, I find that the sexy part of this fragrance is replaced by notes that are considered to be breezy and fresher. This summer fragrance I find to be more appropriate to outside dinners and breezy nights on the town instead of initimate dinners and trendy clubs.

I found a description of this fragrance on the Sephora website. "Sheer Summer by Stella McCartney is a new version of the original Stella fragrance that lets soft summer shadows reflect the delicacy of fresh rose petals. The elegant bottle design mirrors the sophisticated, light-hearted spirit of the scent." Notes are as follows - lemon, green apple, rose, amber.

What do i love most about this fragrance? It allows me to take my favroite fragrance into summertime. I like the green apple note and I feel that it is stronger than the lemon note. One way to think of this fragrance - imagine combining original Stella with DKNY Be Delicious. Mix crisp and florals. However, I did try this fragrance and the lasting power does leave something to be desired. It is much lighter than the original, I think the lack of lasting power might be by design.

And the bottle design? Totally beautiful. This will look fantastic on my dresser.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: