Sunday, June 7, 2009

Lancome Juicy Tubes PURE

It now appears that French company Lancome has jumped on the "pure and natural" bandwagon with their most recently introduced line of Juicy Tubes. This company has never really struck me as one of the ones that it really concerned about green beauty and the eco lifestyle but maybe that is about to change with the introduction of these new lip glosses. Over the past few weeks, I have opened up the rest of the shades in the Juicy Tubes set that I got back before Christmas and I must say that I am very happy with them so far. I really like the shine payoff and the lighter texture of the gloss. I support Lancome trying to go green with their newer products but I hope that the formula isn't changed so much that I will no longer like the lip glosses for the reasons that I do now.

I searched for these glosses on the Lancome website and I am very pleased to see that they already have a wide variety of shades to choose from. From the Lancome website, "Lancome invents its first true lip gloss from nature, Juicy Tubes PURE, Premium, Unique, Raw, Elements. 95% natural origin ingredients and 100% natural origin flavors. Formula with naturally derived oils and shea butter emollient provides high shine color and great comfort on the lips. Paraben free. Limited Edition Lancome Juicy Tubes PURE is inspired by images in nature and the environmentally friendly carton in 100% recyclable material - a Lancome first!"

Here are the shades that have been released so far...

- Bare Honey - pale gold with gold shimmer
- Ginger Root - warm light brown
- Sweet Soy - clear with a hint a pale gold shimmer
- Wild Berry - deep berry with shimmer
- Strawberry Patch - bright pink
- Lavender Zen - pale lavender
- Rose Water - pale pink with a hint of silver shimmer
- Red Peppermint - deep red
- Cherry Tree - medium brown
- Rose Nectar - medium pink

I got the chance to try some one of these out at the Lancome counter, they had very few testers out so I guess that this line is selling pretty well already. The Sweet Soy that I tried had a texture very similar to regular Juicy Tubes and had good shine payoff. Overall, I was rather impressed with the new glosses and I hope that this line will be around longer than the Limited Editions that they are now. Though I can only imagine that they are selling well so far and that they will become a permanent part of the Juicy Tubes collection. Juicy Tubes are already great sellers for Lancome and now the company is able to capitalize on the "natural" trend that is so big right now. From this line I want to get Sweet Soy, Wild Berry, Strawberry Patch, Rose Water, Red Peppermint, and Rose Nectar.

Maybe soon we will be seeing more "natural" offerings from Lancome.

photo courtesy of Lancome

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great post! I had the same reaction as you to these juicy tubes - ie "Lancome hasn't ever really done much on the green front" - that said, I am excited. Before cutting out beauty products with parabens, I used to love juicy tubes, and it would be nice to be able to use them again.