Tuesday, June 23, 2009

C.O. Bigelow Lemon Pomegranate Body Care

I still remember when C.O. Bigelow products were first released at Bath and Body Works. I was still in my Tutti Dolci love phase and wasn't really all that excited for products that didn't smell like Sugar Wafer. However, Bath and Body Works was seriously pumped about this release and gave the associates tons of products to try out and take home to use. A new love is born...

I have used the Lemon body product line forever and a day. This is one fo the few body products that I actually finish up and then go out and buy more (usually I finish up one scent of products and try out a new one). Lemon Cream, Lemon Lotion, Lemon Lip Cream...I love them all!

Bigelow has released a new cousin to the Lemon family of products, a line of Lemon Pomegranate products. These products remind me of a tart berry lemonade and smell fantastic when applied. There are four products in this line: a lip gloss, a body cream, a body wash, and (my favorite) a body scrub.

The lip gloss has a creamy, hydrating texture and gives minimal shine. The Bath and Body Works website states that, "This super-emollient formula is packed with anti-oxidant rich pomegranate to defend lips against skin-damaging free radicals". If this product had a SPF, i would be in heaven but since it lacks one...I use this product more as a hydrator at night than during the day.

The body cream has a light, easy-to-rub-in texture while still managing to have superior hydration benefits for the skin. The Bath and Body Works website says that, "This protective body cream combines the skin-brightening benefits of lemon with a twist of antioxidant-packed pomegranate to protect and nourish skin while helping to provide long-lasting moisture and defend against free radical damage". And it smells amazing!!

The body wash is a great choice for warmer weather becuase it rinses clean and doesn't leave any residue on the skin. From the website, "This antioxidant-packed, super lathering formula combines skin-brightening lelon and protective pomegranate to nourish skin while cleansing, leaving it feeling renewed, soft, and healthy". Another winner from this collection.

My favorite product from the collection is the body scrub. Its texture reminds of a long-discontinued Bigelow Fruit Scrub that contained quince extract. It has a creamy texture while still maintaining top-notch scrubbing benefits. When i use this scrub in the shower, I found that foams up and this allows it be clean rinsing. I love clean rinsing scrubs...feeling like Crisco was rubbed all over me in the shower is not what I go for. Here is the product information from the website, "This skin-refining, antioxidant-rich scrub is formulated to revitalize and brighten skin with a powerful combination of skin-brightening lemon and free-radical fighting pomegranate. the nutrient-packed formula leaves skin looking radiant, smooth, and healthy".

As I stated several entries ago, berry scents that have some type of musk or spice in them are not my cup of tea. This scent is a great example of a crisp, clean berry that has not been muddied up with vanillas and spices. This product line helps to get over the disappointment that I felt when I realized that all the Murad pomegrante body products were not going to be made in full sizes. However, knowing Bath and Body Works, I bet this is limited time product and will not be available to feed my fix much after this summer.

FYI - They are in the final days of their sale...go find this product line - you won't regret it!

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: