Thursday, January 28, 2010

Benefit Sugarbomb Blush

Benefit has just brought out a new blush shade to add to their bestselling line up. The blush is called Sugarbomb and I think is one of the more unique (if not the most) blush that they offer. I saw pictures of this product on both beauty blogs and the Sephora site but the specialness of it didn't really sink until I saw the blush in person on my last New York visit. The typical Benefit blush is only one shade but this product blends four (yes, four!) shades together to create the perfect blended shade.

BeneFit defines it as a "sugar rush flush" face powder. The four shades that are included in this blush are: peach, soft plum, shimmering pink, and rose. It appeared when I saw it at Sephora that only the pink had a shimmer to it and the other shades were matte, which should appeal to both those who dislike blushes with lots of shimmer and those who dislike the feel of a matte blush. Based just on the different finishes of the shades and the fact that there are four different shades to be mixed together, this blush should have universal appeal and I can see it becoming a quick bestseller. This product's recommended use is to swirl all four shades together and then apply to the cheek area.

I got to play with the tester of this product the last time that I was at Sephora. Overall, it is on the sheerer side of Benefit blushes and is less pigmented than last year's Coralista release. The plum shade was much less noticeable than I thought it would be after I blended the four shades together and I created a pinky peach shade. The shade that I created is a pretty generic blush shade that should work well for many women. After blending the four shades, this blush turned into a very flattering, natural looking flush for my skin. I liked this blush a lot but I didn't purchase it since I currently have other shades that are quite similar. I'm not saying that I would never purchase this product but at the moment, I have several shades that aren't that different from it.

photo courtesy of Benefit

No comments: