Friday, January 1, 2010

Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara

Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara is the latest mascara that I have been testing out. So far, this one has been giving me very good results and I will be sorry when this tube runs out. This mascara is formulated to be both a thickening and a lengthening mascara and so far is performing on both accounts. Sephora considers mascara to be a "Super-volumizing and lengthening mascara". I don't know if I would give a "super" title but it works quite nicely. I bought this product at Sephora and have been using it for about two months now.

Here is the description of the mascara from Sephora, "This exclusive, 3D formula actually builds tubes around each lash. This "Lash Injection" has unique elastic polymers that curl, fatten, and stretch far beyond the natural lash. This adds extreme volume, curl, and length for that costly lash extension look without any of the hassle, pain, or commitment. You will no longer see clumps and lumps - but long, gorgeous, fluttering, new and improved eyelashes. With a flick of the specially-designed "GIANT" wand lashes will be injected with indelible, weather-proof color. Substantial percentages of jojoba and Vitamin E deeply condition lashes to prevent breakage and damage that can result in broken or sparse lashes. Easily removable with soap and warm water or eye-makeup remover, this amazing mascara doesn't dissolve and smudge like any ordinary mascara. Lash Injection comes out in tiny tubes, like little lash socks!"

I have this mascara in the Pitch Black shade, it is also available in a deep brown shade. I like a bunch of aspects of this mascara. It does make my lashes thicker and longer without clumping or smudging. It is not the most amazing mascara at volumizing (I still prefer Diorshow Iconic and BadGal Lash for this) but it holds it own against others on the market. However, this mascara is far and away the easiest that I have ever removed from my lashes. Normally, most mascaras smear all over the places, but this one comes off in flakes, leaving no trace under my eyes. Quickest and easiest removal of any mascara that I have ever tried. I have only tried to take this off with eye makeup remover and I do doubt the claim that soap and warm water could get it off fully. This mascara wand was also great with grabbing all of the little lashes that are at the ends of my eyes.

The major issue that I had with this product was the GIANT brush on this product. It took me about a week to make it work without smudging mascara on the top of my eyelid. The tube isn't very pretty but it is serviceable so I don't really mind it. My other major dislike of this product is that I have only been using it about two months and I feel like there is very little product coming out on the wand. So I am disappointed by how little product is actually in the tube itself.

Overall - I prefer Diorshow Iconic and BadGal Lash for volume but this product is very nice. This product is one that I would recommend to someone who craves more volume in their lashes but doesn't go for huge lash look that I am always chasing. Also, this mascara is tops for an easy removal and I would love it other companies would follow in their footsteps.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: