Friday, January 15, 2010

Jaqua Buttercream Frosting

I still have to remind myself that even though I am covering everything Spring related, it is still in the dead of winter and usually below freezing every single day. So even though my mind is in Key West and flirty little dresses, my skin is more than happy to remind everyday that it is living in the middle on Pennsylvania and not Florida. And if I don't moisturize it every single night? It rebels until it hurts, it has even hit a point where it become red and itchy if I don't get something on it right away. So you might say that this is the time of the year when I think about body products even more than I think about pink lip gloss.

Jaqua's Buttercream Frosting products manage to do two very important things this time of the year. They really hydrate my skin so that I don't want to claw it all off and they manage to may me smell like a cupcake and therefore bring my mood way up on the elevator. Here is the overall description of the fragrance itself, "Sometimes a scrumptious cake, baked with care, and lovingly frosted with fluffy white buttercream is the only thing that will do! These Buttercream Frosting delights are for all those times we can resist the cake, but not the frosting!" I first bought this product when it was sold on Christmas at Bath and Body Works and quickly ended up with all the products carried in this scent and buying back ups of them all for when I ran out of the first group. My favorite product of the group is that one that we will look at first, the Buttercream Frosting Sinfully Rich Body Butter.

"Requested by Christina Aquilera and featured in Pregnancy Magazine (May 2007)! A truly decadent scent, which reminds us of the happy occasions when our mothers let us lick the frosting off the beaters. Your skin will love how this ultra-hydrating butter with Shea Butter absorbs into your skin. Your senses will love the fragrance from Jaqua's Signature Collection!" This product is a super rich cream that absorbs quickly into the skin and leaves tons of fragrance behind. This has always been one of my favorite moisturizers and I was very excited to buy the rest of the products in the line to match it.

This fragrance also comes in a variety of other sweet smelling products. I have also purchased the body wash, hand cream, and the fragrance that matches the body butter. Of the three of those items, I like the body wash the most because it creates very little foam and doesn't strip and dry out my skin. The hand lotion is very take-it-or-leave-it. The scent is pure frosting goodness in the tube but turns when I put it in (no other product does this). I also find it to be a tad on the greasy side and not the best hydrator that I have ever used. The fragrance was simply just too sweet and contained only the frosting note. It would have been much better if it contained some other type of gourmand notes to make it more complex (like Pink Sugar). I ended up using it several times then giving it away soon after I bought it. Also, in previous seasons, this fragrance came in a candle and a bar soap, both of which I purchased.

If you are only able to purchase a few pieces from this collection, I recommend the body wash and the matching body butter. Also, I have found that anyone that I have ever given these products to as a gift has been simply thrilled with them...and Jaqua puts gifts with these products in on their website (if anyone wants to do any hinting before Valentine's Day). Now I just need to see if my skin will survive to see St. Patrick's Day.

photo courtesy of Jaqua

No comments: