Friday, January 8, 2010

NARS Essential Eye Palette

After looking at the NARS Anniversary palettes about a month ago, I decided to go back to the part of the NARS website and take my time to look over some other palettes that they currently have in stock. Normally, I tend to pass over most of their palettes because I own so many products from them that at least one shade in any given palette is a repeat for me. There are only so many times that I can buy purchase palettes and set and end up with repeats of the same products and shades. I still have untouched items that are repeats with something that I already own, I don't need to add more items to this collection.

So did something catch my eye this time and male me decide that I must own. Well...yes and no. Yes in the fact that I love all the shades in this palette and it would be very easy on trips or rushed mornings to have them all in one place and not have to dig through all my makeup to find a shade that I need. Also this palette would be a permanent fixture in a makeup bag to carry with me. No in the fact that I already own two of the six shades in the palette. What palette am I talking about now?

I am referring to the Essential Eye Palette, a recent addition to the NARS line. This product contains six eye shadow shades that I believe are all bestsellers and are very wearable for all skin tones. Here are the six shades in the palette: Unconditional Love (matte seafoam and soft shimmering copper); Night Star (sheer peach with gold pearls); Galapogos (bitter chocolate infused with gold); Nepal (rose with shimmer); Ondine (plum with gold shimmer); and Thunderball (midnight grey). Night Star is my favorite eye shadow that I own (not just from NARS but in general) and I consider it be my Holy Grail of shades. As you can tell, I get a lot of wear from this shade and use it up pretty quickly. The other shade that I own from this palette is Galapogos and I use this shade mostly as an liner.

NARS describes their eye shadows as such, "Longwearing, crease-resistant color in sheer wearable formulas. All NARS eye shadows can be applied sheer or layered for a more dramatic effect. These richly pigmented powders blend effortlessly and can also be used wet for precisely lining the eyes. Richly pigmented, micro-ionized powder formula provides improved wear and feel. Effortless blending. Multifunction: use as eye shadow, eye liner, and on eye brows".

I would recommend this palette to anyone who is interested in NARS shades and who wants several super flattering eye shadows to use in any situation.

photo courtesy of Sephora

FTC Information - both of the eye shadow shades that I talk about owning in this entry were purchased by me at Sephora

No comments: