Monday, January 25, 2010

Urban Decay Book of Shadows - Alice in Wonderland

The Alice in Wonderland craze has officially hit the beauty world. Launching at the very end of last week, Urban Decay latest Book of Shadows sold out in the morning of the launch. It is rumored that Sephora will be taking advance orders soon (no confirmation as I am typing this) and Urban Decay has started an email list for alerts when they get the product back in stock on their website. I am stalking this product for both myself and a friend so I am on the hunt for the fastest way to get my hands on two of these sets.

The packaging on this palette is a work of art in itself. I don't even really like Alice in Wonderland and I love the packaging. Really, I saw the movie when I was three and was so terrified that I forced my parents to turn it off and I never watched it again. "Tim Burton, Urban Decay, and Alice in Wonderland?! It's an Urban girl's dream come true! Our breathtaking 3D palette comes alive with 16 eye shadows and otherworldy treats to make this limited edition Book of Shadows worthy of collector status."

Here is the more detailed description of the palette from Urban Decay. "What a dream come true! When Disney called us to ask if we would design a product for the launch of Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, we were like, "Um...Yes!" The result is this truly amazing (and seriously collectible) Book of Shadows. Open the palette to reveal a pop-up scene of Alice in the mushroom forest. Her "drink me" bottle discarded, she staggers past towering mushrooms, only to cross paths with a very particular, hookah-smoking caterpillar. A large mirror rests behind the scene - you feel as if you are transported into the film itself. Hidden inside a secret drawer are 16 best-selling Eye Shadows, given topsy-turvy names like White Rabbit, Jabberwocky, and Oraculum. Alongside them lie travel sizes of Eye Shadow Primer Potion and two 24/7 Eye Pencils. From smoky neutral eyes to flashes of hallucinogenic green and purple, the looks you can create are as endless as the rabbit hole itself. Anyone who loves Urban Decay, Tim Burton, or Alice in Wonderland absolutely must have this palette. Even the Mad Hatter would say this Book of Shadows delivers it all."

Here is the shade listing...

- Underland - Flash (bright iridescent purple)
- Alice - Painkiller (bright bold aqua)
- Oraculum - Baked (rich bronze)
- Queen - Last Call (plum)
- Chessur - Chopper (coppery fawn with silver shimmer)
- White Rabbit - Polyester Bride (white with silver glitter)
- Wonderland - Maui Wowie (dirty gold with silver glitter)
- Curiouser - Grifter (lavender with silver glitter)
- Muchness - X (golden peach)
- Mushroom - Mushroom (pewter)
- Midnight Tea Party - Midnight Cowboy Rides Again (champagne pink with silver glitter)
- Vorpal - S & M (bright metallic silver)
- Absolem - Homegrown (bright true grass green)
- Drink Me, Eat Me - Sin (champagne)
- Madhatter - Twice Baked (brown with golden shimmer)
- Jabberwocky - Oil Slick (black with silver sparkle)

I will continue my searching for this palette. Also, I would like to thank MusingsofaMuse.com for her very clear descriptions of the shadow shades in this palette. I guess that in the spirit of the upcoming beauty wave of Alice in Wonderland products, I will have to rewatch the original movie to get a sense of what the new movie will be like.

photo courtesy of Urban Decay

1 comment:

the Muse said...

aw thanks for the lovely mention!!!!!!! :-D Hope you find the palette soon! :)