Thursday, January 21, 2010

Thymes Kimono Rose

You may be thinking, "Not another rose fragrance?! How many can she have?" Well the answer to that is that I can never have enough rose fragrances. The one that we will be looking at today is my current fragrance obsession and is one that has even won over those who are not fans of rose. This fragrance is from the company Thymes and it is my first purchase from this company. I haven't really seen many items from this company so I decided to look into the background of this company and learn more about it.

This is a much smaller company than many of the large perfume houses. They believe in botanical fragrances and skincare and strive to combine highly quality botanical ingredients with the latest advancements in science. I couldn't find out what country this company originated in though from the look of their products, I would take a guess that it is either England or the United States.

This fragrance is defined as "Femininity, Redefined". This line of products is available in perfume, body products, and home fragrance items. This is the description of the fragrance from the company. "A sheer, sensuous floral heightened with effervescent clementine and voluptuous cassis on a creamy bed of satiny rose, peony, and jasmine...finished with a kiss of vanilla. Thymes Kimono Rose is a modern reflection of who you are, and who you want to be...all wrapped up in one truly lovely fragrance."

I bought the fragrance in the little roller ball and have been very impressed with it so far. The scent is heavier than most of my other rose fragrances and the vanilla and jasmine notes make the fragrance on the spicier side of rose. It has decent lasting power and hasn't given me any reason to complain so far.

I only have this fragrance in the roller ball perfume right now but I would love to get in the body wash, the body cream, and the candle. I tried a bit of the lotion when I was in the store and I found the texture to be slightly too light for what my skin needs but the cream was much more to my liking.

As I stated earlier, this perfume even appealed to those who normally complain about all the rose fragrances that I have. I think that this one is on the spicy side and is more oriental than many of the others that I own. It also has the jasmine to really balance out that rose notes so it more floral than just a rose fragrance. This line make be hard to find but it is worth a trip to the company's website to view the products and look at the store locator to see what boutiques nearest to you will carry the line.

photo courtesy of Thymes

No comments: