Monday, January 11, 2010

Clinique Superbalm Lip Gloss

It really seems like that some of my best lip glosses are ones that the sales associate suggested to me to balance out the stronger eye makeup that I was at the counter purchasing. The first instance of this is when I purchase the MAC Plushglass in Ample Pink. The second instance is when I was at the Clinique counter for an event and the Eye Shadow Trio in Ebb and Flow was used on me. This is a beautiful trio of greens, from dark green to seafoam. To balance this out, the makeup artist used the Superbalm Lip Gloss in Grapefruit on me. I bought both items in addition to several other things that day. The eye shadow? Used it once... The lip gloss? Quickly became a favorite...

Clinique describes this product as a lip gloss with many hydrating benefits above and beyond the normal lip gloss formulations. "Lip balm with a colorful twist. Luscious, high-gloss shades treat your most undermoisturized skin to soothing skin. Instantly relieve dryness, protect with anti-oxidants and more". The overall finish of the glosses is described as sheer and the major benefits is stated to be the moisturizing properties of the gloss. Under the "How to Use" area, Clinique states that this product can be used by itself or over lipstick. I have only used this product be itself so far and am quite happy with the results.

The product is available in eight shades: Rootbeer (sheer coffee brown nude); Grapefruit (pale pink blue with white shimmer); Apricot (sheer pinkened apricot); Ginger (midtone nude brown with a hint of pink); Mango (soft orange with slight pink hue); Currant (rich reddish deepened purple); Raspberry (bright punch of sheer cherry red); and Lilac (pearly violet). I have Grapefruit and even though it appears bright pink in the tube, it goes on quite sheer and comes out more to the color that is described by Clinique.

Clinique doesn't have their Spring collection up yet but it wouldn't surprise me if this product played some type of role in it or they released new shades of this gloss. This gloss is the perfect spring gloss to balance out bright or pastel eyes or just for a more natural look. At the moment, I have my eye on Lilac and Raspberry for this season and Currant for next Fall.

photo courtesy of Clinique

No comments: