Sunday, January 10, 2010

Lancome L'Absolu Rouge Lipstick

I have spent a decent amount of time in the past few days testing out new lip shades that I have accumulated over the past few weeks. So now my interest has switched over to lipsticks for the moment and I have a feeling that this will not last long. One lipstick that I haven't purchased any of yet is the L'Absolu Rouge line from Lancome. While playing with the testers of this product that last time that I was at the Lancome counter, I came to realization that this is what a true lipstick is. Very pigmented and saturated my lips with long-wearing color. This product's official name is L'Absolu Rouge Advanced Replenishing and Reshaping Lipcolor Pro-Xylane SPF 12 Sunscreen. Got that one there?
Lancome describes the lipstick on their website as follows, "Absolutely Voluptuous Lips. Pamper your lips with this creamy and luscious formula. Lancome brings Pro-Xylane its complete and powerful replenishing molecule, to a lip color for visibly fuller and smoother lips. Rich, satiny, saturated color wraps lips in luxury. Lasting color precisely defines contours".

I am more interested in the technology behind this lipstick than the actual colors for the moment. The Lancome website gives a bunch of facts about the technology and the science that went into making this lipstick as unique as it is. This lipstick is formulated with Pro-Xylane and Ceramide V that restore moisture from within for up to 8 hours. The Satin Color Complex ensures even dispersion of color on lips and High Fidelity Pigments create a rich, intense color. SPF 12 sunscreen and Vitamin E guard lips from damage. I am most excited about the Pro-Xylane and Ceramide V since they both restore moisture throughout wear. The major drawback for myself about wearing full pigment lipsticks is that my lips always get dry and reapplying the lipstick does nothing to really help.
This lipstick comes in a full range of shades, 36 in all. These shades range from pale to deep, matte to cream to shimmer. I have broken my wishlist down by shade categories: Neutrals - Luxe; Pinks-Berries - Fleur de Lis, Voile de Rose, Crushed Rose, Coquette; Reds-Corals - L'Absolu Rouge, Rouge Velour.

I should get on picking these colors up since I really tend not to wear much lipstick in the springtime, I will forever be a pink lip gloss girl. I look forward to testing out how well the moisture level stays after a full day of wear. I think that I will start out with getting the Fleur de Lis shade, it is a pinky neutral that will wear well with many of the pastel eye shadows that we will be seeing in store this spring.

photo courtesy of Lancome

No comments: