Friday, January 22, 2010

MAC Have A Love Affair

MAC has released a special collection that is lips only products and would appear to be Valentine's Day inspired. I'm not a fan of the holiday but I am a fan of MAC lip products and therefore can easily get on board with this collection. The collection is very appropriately called "Have A Love Affair" and is described as following. "Have a passionate fling with heart-racing lip colours plucked from Cupid's palette. Be devilish, sweet, or divine!"

Here are the products...

Lip Pencil - A pencil designed for shaping, lining, or filling in the lip. Lip Pencils have a smooth, creamy texture that is perfect for lining the lips or filling them in. They are long-lasting and available in a wide selection of colours that each work well with many different lipstick shades. The colour of Lip Pencils is protected by Vitamin E, which acts as an anti-oxidant, and they contain emollients that moisturize the lips. Lip Pencils can be worn alone, with Lipstick, or Lipglass.
- Beet - vivid reddish-pink
- Redd - clearly red
- Dervish - pinky-mauve

Lipstick - Colour plus texture for the lips. Stands out on the runway. Simmers on the street! What made MAC famous.
- Violetta - bright violet (Amplified Creme)
- Snob - a ladylike mauve (Satin)
- Lovelorn - emotive blue pink (Lustre)
- Lady Danger - vivid blue coral-red (Matte)
- Lickable - bright clean blue pink (Cremesheen)

Dazzleglass Creme - MAC cult favorite Dazzleglass with a creamier, smoother, but no less shiny or dazzling effect. For those who are drawn to the luxe of cream lips, but still want the dazzling allure of its inspiration, this is it.
- Totally Fab - bright yellow red with pearl
- My Favorite Pink - light blue pink with pearl
- Creme Allure - bright yellow plum

Hmmmm...when looking at this collection in detail, I am pretty sure that that this is group of popular MAC lip products that they decided would work well for Valentine's Day. I feel like I have blogged about and looked at many of these shades at least once already. Which is fine with me, I still found more items from this collection that I want to add to my shopping list. I would like to get the Lipstick in both Snob and Lovelorn and the Dazzleglass Creme in My Favorite Pink. I'm not going to be celebrating Valentine's Day this year so I don't really need romantic lip shades but all the ones that I picked out will go right into Spring.

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: