Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Make Up For Ever HD Powder

This is a product that I have been using for the past several months but haven't gotten around to talking about yet. I bought this product at Sephora in the end of May and have been using it ever since with fantastic results. During French Week last July, I talked about the Make Up For Ever HD Foundation and how much I adored it. Yet somehow, this product got left out of everything so far. But I feel that the time has come for me to sing the praises of this powder and convince all of you that you need to go out and buy it right away. If you love the foundation (or even if you have never tried), you will love the matching powder.

Before buying the product off of the recommendation of a coworker, I hadn't used loose powder since my Bare Escentuals debacle in 2007. I never liked loose powders and always ended up creating a disaster all over myself when trying to apply them. This powder is available in one universal shade and appears white in the package. However, my coworker and I both have very different skintones and it works beautifully on both of us so I guess that this really is a universal shade. Here is the description of the powder from Make Up For Ever, "Make Up For Ever HD line was originally created to keep the complexion of the actors looking flawless in the 6x magnification of high definition compared to regular cameras. HD Powder is a unique, extremely fine powder available in one universal shade to make skin absolutely radiant. HD Microfinish Powder consists solely of mineral silica powder, thereby respects all types of skin, even the most sensitive. Its talc free formula does not dry skin".

This product really does manage to make your skin look a million times better after application. My favorite aspects of the product are that it completely sets my foundation and concealer, while minimizing the appearance of redness and large pores. It has been my experience that loose powders always make my pores appear even larger, so this really is a different type of loose powder.

To use this product, I simply shake a bit of it out onto my hand then use a big fluffy powder brush to apply it to my whole face. I have been using the same container of this product since June and it barely looks as though I have made a dent in the product. So this one should last me quite a long time. The only thing that could make my love this powder more? If I came a in pressed version so I could carry it in my bag for touch ups throughout the day.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: