Tuesday, January 26, 2010

DKNY Be Delicious Candy Apple Fragrance Collection

DKNY has released three new versions of their best-selling Be Delicious fragrance. So far, we have the original, the Red version, the Night version, and the Blossom version, all of which I love (except the Night version). My favorite is the Fresh Blossom version of last spring so I am not all that excited for these new versions since I think that DKNY has pretty much covered their all their perfume bases. For this season, three new versions of the fragrance have been released and are known as the "Candy Apple Collection". This collection promises to be sweet and fruity and will either be loved or hated by the user.

The first fragrance is called Juicy Berry Candy Apple and based the appearance of the purple bottle, will contain some types of berry notes. "Creating a candy apple is about pairing the sweetness of candy with a juicy, ripe apple to create a crisp, irresistible surprise. Vibrant candy coating with the freshest apple at the core creates an undeniably tempting aroma. Satisfy your sweet tooth with Juicy Berry Candy Apple, a combination of blackberry and fresh apple blossoms wrapped in rose petals and sandalwood to create a truly delicious indulgence." I smelled this one last time that I was at Sephora. The blackberry was too strong and the rest of the notes were simply sweet and indistinguishable. I couldn't detect any rose note in this fragrance and overall, this one is a large "No" for me.

The second fragrance is called Sweet Caramel Candy Apple and is housed in a bright green bottle. "Creating a candy apple is about pairing the sweetness of candy with a ripe, juicy apple to create a crisp, irresistible surprise. Vibrant candy coating with the freshest apple at the core creates an undeniably tempting aroma. DKNY has perfected this pairing using the very best ingredients and juiciest notes. Satisfy your sweet tooth with Sweet Caramel Apple, a perfect blend of apple and delicate flowers, topped with creamy caramel and delectable vanilla." I didn't get over to the tester of this one but this sounds as though it would be the fragrance that I would like the most from the collection. However, even this one doesn't have me all that excited.

The last fragrance is called Ripe Raspberry Candy Apple and is housed in a red bottle. "Creating a candy apple is about pairing the sweetness of candy with a ripe, juicy apple to create a crisp, irresistible surprise. Vibrant candy coating with the freshest apple at the core creates an undeniably tempting aroma. Satisfy your sweet tooth with Ripe Raspberry Candy Apple, a scrumptious blend of green apple and raspberry with floral touches. A finishing accent of Coca-Cola makes this scent the ultimate treat." I didn't get to the tester of this scent either but I don't like raspberry notes so I already can tell that I would pass on this one.

My thoughts? These fragrances look (and the purple one) smell as though they were made for teenagers, I just feel that I would find these types of fragrances at Victoria's Secret in their Beauty Rush line or at Bath and Body Works. I think that DKNY has overreached themselves in how popular that they think their fragrances are. I think that these fragrances will appeal to a younger audience and I have no doubt that they will sell but I still prefer the floral and the original versions of the fragrance.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: