Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Makeup SPF 15

Well, it's January and therefore (unless Estee Lauder changes something), this will be my last Prescriptives post ever. Very sad... This last post will be another one about their foundations, one powder and one liquid. Both of these foundations are from the All Skins Mineral Makeup SPF 15 line and were ones that I had considered when I got my Colorprint done. I wasn't all that interested in the powder formula but I was very curious about the liquid formulation and wondered if I would like minerals in a liquid formula, since my major complaints with Bare Essentials was the powders. These products are bestsellers for Prescriptives so we will look at both of the formulas and you can determine which would be the best for your skin type.

Here is the description of the powder formulation that I got from the Prescriptives website, "Good for you. Good for your skin. What's in it for you? Vitamins, minerals, gems, sun protection...all helping make your skin look naturally radiant and unbelievably healthy. What's not in it for you? Oil, talc, fragrance, pore-clogging ingredients...all the things that may make you hesitate about wearing makeup. So, All Skins Mineral Makeup SPF 15 is all good --- and skin looks and feels naturally flawless, naturally better. Key benefits: pure, natural coverage; infused with vitamins, minerals, and gems; healthy, radiant finish; weightless, long-wear formula; and SPF 15 protection". The method of application for this product is the same as Bare Essentials (which I hate) so I don't think that this formula is what I am looking for in this line.

Now let's look at the liquid version from this line. The liquid version is billed by the company as being good for 16 hours of wear and is the long-wearing product in the mineral line. This is what the company website has to say about this product, "Introducing the long-wear makeup that's good for skin. All Skins Mineral Makeup 16-Hour Wear/SPF 10 is an all-day liquid mineral foundation that stays fresh and lasts up to 16 hours, while helping protect with non-chemical UVA/UVB sunscreen. Our exclusive R.E.C. complex (Radiance Emitting Crystals - a unique combination of Amethyst. Rose Quartz, and Calcite) gives skin extra luminosity, as if it were "glowing from within". Lightweight, buildable coverage lets skin breathe. Suitable for all skin types, including sensitive. Long-wear. Water-resistant. Oil-free. Fragrance-free. Non-acnegenic".

When I tried this liquid foundation at the counter, I determined that it wasn't a heavy enough coverage for my skin. However, I loved the feeling of it and was intrigued by the R.E.C. complex. So in the end, I didn't end up purchasing this product though it was a second choice of mine.

I hope that Prescriptives is able to do something to keep all their items available on their website. I have found that every product that I have ever tried from this company, I have ended up loving. And I have never even tried any of their skincare or eye makeup yet. If I hear anything else about availability and this company, I will post it right when I find out.

photo courtesy of Prescriptives

No comments: