Saturday, July 24, 2010

Bath and Body Works Forever Sunshine

We may be in the height of summer right now but this won't last much past Labor Day. Personally, I stop buying summer beauty products and fragrances right around the Fourth of July since I know that they might not even make it out of the box into next summer. The latest fragrance from Bath and Body Works is one that is light enough to be worn in the heat but has some muskier notes to take it all the way into fall. I love this concept since I could buy it and wear it tommorrow if I pleased or not get it out for two more months.

Bath and Body Works provides the following description about this new fragrance, Forever Sunshine. "Master perfumers have blended golden apricot, pink peonies, vanilla musk, and a hint of praline to create this fresh fragrance that captures the romance of warm days that linger into cool autumn. Wear it when you crave the essence of summer".

The top notes are: juicy tangerine, golden apricot, sparkling mandarin, exotic berries. The middle notes are: gardenia petals, freesia, pink peonies. The bottom notes are: vanilla bean gelato, creamy sandalwood, nuzzly musks, a touch of sweet praline. This fragrance is available in the usual products; the EDT, body splash, shower gel, body lotion, and several home fragrance items.

I like this scent in the bottle but I don't know how much wear I would give it. I got a lot of the spicier notes and little to none of the top and mid notes except for the apricot. This isn't a bad thing but that wasn't what I was expecting from it and this is not a fragrance that I could wear in warmer weather. On myself, I put this fragrance firmly in the cold weather category. It almost reminds me a slightly lighter version of the Classics fragrance Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin but not quite as spicy. If I were to decide to buy this one, I would most likely get the shower gel and the lotion but I think that I would pass on it in the other fragrance forms.

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: