Wednesday, July 14, 2010

French Week 2010 Day 3 - Creed Love In White

Happy Bastille Day! Yesterday, we talked about an iconic fragrance house and today we are going to talk about another. My last perfume purchase was about a month ago and it was a bottle of Love In White. This was another fragrance that has sniffed months before I had finally given in to the urge to buy it. This may be the pinnacle of my perfume collection so far...

The House of Creed has been around since the year 1760. I went on the Creed website to find a full background on this perfume house. "Creed is the world's only privately held luxury fragrance dynasty. Founded in 1760 and passed from father to son since then, Creed has served more than 10 royal house and the discerning public for 250 years. Indeed, Creed is one of the 100 oldest family businesses in the world. Based in Paris, Creed today is led by the legendary Oliver Creed, sixth generation master perfumer and company chief. Working alongside is his son, Erwin, 29, rising seventh generation and future head of house. A house of tradition, Creed adheres to unrelenting high standards in fragrance creation and client service. Creed uses methods of hand production, including maceration and filtration, instituted at the company's founding. Creed is the industry's strongest proponent of natural ingredients in fragrance. For these reasons, Creed has a loyal clientele that includes royalty, political leaders, legends in business, sports, music, and the fine arts as well as discerning members of the public who value beauty and quality in scent".

Just trying and purchasing fragrances from this brand made me feel smart and stylish. I tried Love In White on one wrist and Spring Flower on the other. Needless to say, I was swarmed by the sales associate fawning over me and reassuring me that I made a great choice in trying Creed fragrances. It was close, but in the end, I eventually decided that Love In White was more unique and would be my first fragrance purchase from this company.

I went to Bergdorf Goodman's website to obtain a detailed description of the fragrance itself. "Blended with ingredients of rare quality from five continents, Love In White includes orange zest from Spain, rice husk from Tonkin, white jasmine from Italy, daffodils from France, magnolia from Guatemala, Bulgarian Rose, sandalwood from India, and ambergris. On the evening of Love In White's debut, the exterior lights of the Empire State Building radiated pure white. Love In White was the first Creed fragrance to debut in the USA as opposed to France. The fragrance has become a favorite of First Ladies of the United States."

This is one of the most unique fragrances that I have ever owned, the combination of the florals and the orange gives it a twist that sets it apart from all the other floral fragrances. This fragrance to me is much more than a perfume, it symbolizes the day that I decided that I wanted to fall in love with an a wonderful, caring man. Love In White is pure love that isn't corrupted or shadowed.

photo courtesy of Bergdorf Goodman

No comments: