Tuesday, July 20, 2010

NARS Bridal Palette

Among most of the people that I know, I am one of the few with the littlest amount of excitement for weddings. I go and try to have a good time but usually get bored or depressed right around the middle of the service and can't shake the feeling until the end of the reception. However, this time around, I have been asked to go to my new boyfriend's friend's wedding in Fire Island at the end of this summer. A nice wedding and reception in Fire Island can totally change my views on weddings and the wedding season. So I thought it only appropriate to get into the spirit by looking at the NARS Bridal Palette that was just released at the beginning of the summer.

NARS Bridal Palette contains eye, cheek, and lip shades that are perfect to make a beautiful wedding day look. They are actually so beautiful together that I would be more than happy to have this palette for myself even though I will not be getting married anytime soon.

Let's see how NARS would create the beautiful big day look.

Eye Shadow - Longwearing, crease resistant color in sheer wearable formulas. All NARS eye shadows can be applied sheer or layered for a more dramatic effect. These richly pigmented powders blend effortlessly and can also be used wet for preceisely lining the eyes.
- Edie - cream with shimmer
- Nepal - rose with shimmer
- Night Fever - black with red pearls
- Ondine - plum with gold shimmer

Blush - Made with tranparent pigments for a soft and sheer look. Imparts a natural, healthy glow for any skin tone and may be worn alone or layered together for more depth and intensity.
- Orgasm - peachy pink with shimmer

Highlighting Blush Powder - This truely versatile highlighting product may be worn on its own or layered over other color products for added highlight and dimension. The soft shimmering color will add instant radiance to any complexion, and may be used on the face and body.
- Albatross - universal shade

Lipstick - A wide range of captivating shades designed to provide the look and style the color dictates. NARS Lipstick is available in three formulas. Fashionable colors available in three textures. Exceedingly longwearing. Nourishing and non-drying, with Vitamin E. Once you start wearing NARS Lipstick, you won't want to wear anything else.
- Mitzi - sheer muted strawberry pink with shimmer
- Sexual Healing - shimmering pink blossom
- Roman Holiday - delicate pastel pink

Lip Lacquer - High shine formula with sheer pigments of color for luscious lips day or night. This super-shiny formula can be worn alone or over other lip products. Unique texture prevents color from bleeding. Transparent pigments with sexy shine.
- Baby Doll - sheer cotton candy pink with a pearlized finish

I love this whole palette. The only shades that I do not understand is Night Fever, the black eye shadow with red pearls. This doesn't seem to match the other shades and wouldn't be my choice to use with them. If NARS wanted to put a Night Collection shade in, I would have done Night Clubbing to match the gold shimmer in the other shades. I think that this palette would also be a geeat choice for myself to make up a sheer, pretty wedding look to match my Betsey Johnson party dress.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: