Friday, July 2, 2010

Burberry Brit Sheer

Several weeks ago, we looked at the beauty products of England and one of the fragrances that I wrote about was Burberry Brit, the light zingy scent for warmer weather. Well I guess that I might be in the minority when I think that that fragrance was light enough for warmer weather because the company has released a summer version of this fragrance, called Brit Sheer. Just based on a first whiff of this new version, it seems to me like this one has more floral notes in it and it a bit softer than the original.

Sephora places the original fragrance in the "floral-oriental" category while placing the new edition purely with the florals. Sephora describes the fragrance right here, "Burberry Brit Sheer is a fresh, fruity, light-hearted floral fragrance that embodies the youthful spirit of Burberry Brit". This fragrance is described as "seductive, hypnotic, sparkling". Personally, I like the Brit Sheer better with it having more floral notes but I more inclined to purchase the original because it is still light enough for the summer and it smells like nothing else in my perfume collection.
A comparison of the fragrance notes will help to tell the two fragrance apart. The original Brit has the following notes in it - Italian Lime, Icy Pear, Green Almond, White Peony, Sugared Almonds, Amber, Mahogany, Vanilla, Tonka Bean. The Brit Sheer version has these notes in it - Yuzu, Pineapple Leaves, Litchi, Mandarin, Grapes, Pink Peony, Peach Blossom, Nashi, White Musk, Blond Woods.

Without the Lime note in the new version, it is much softer and the addition of the florals continues to soften the fragrance. My only dislike of the new version is that it seems to be more generic since it is now a fruity floral. I mean, how many fragrances this spring and summer contained peony and peach blossom?!

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: