Sunday, July 25, 2010

MAC Prep + Prime

I have been on a huge primer kick lately. I went from not using it at all to needing it everyday and feeling naked without it. The latest primer that I have been trying is MAC Prep + Prime and let me tell you that I love it! I was first shown this product when I was buying foundation at MAC and the manager used this primer underneath to both show me the primer and how well it works with the foundation. I was really happy with the combination so needless to say, I bought both of the products after trying them out.

The MAC website states, "An ultra fluid lotion formulated with special-effect silicones. Calms and soothes the skin, blots away excess oil, and evens out skin redness. Improves the laydown and application of foundation or powder." This formula is much creamier than the Make Up For Ever formula and I still like both of them. The Make Up For Ever one since be better suited to warmer weather because I got a slight cooling effect on application which I did not experience with the MAC. The MAC formula is much creamier and I find that it is easier to apply than the other one. This one might be better for when my skin is drier in the winter.

This primer is also housed in the pump formula and one pump is all that I need to cover my whole face with it. I have tried this product both alone and under makeup. Under makeup, it evens out my foundation application and allows me to use much less product. Alone, it mattifies my skin, reduces redness, and evens out the texture. I really like it alone on days when I want a natural but still put together look and I either don't havethe time or the motivation to pull it off.

I recommend this product to anyone with normal to dry skin and who wants to anchor their makeup and be able to use less overall. This product makes me want to try some of the others in this collection.

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: