Saturday, July 31, 2010

Smart Girls Who Surf Suncare Products

As I mentioned earlier this week, this is a beach weekend at the Jersey shore (GLT anyone?!) and I need sun protection products that are going to stand up to the elements. I am not the girl that just lays on her towel when I go the beach. I'm the girl that is in and out of the water and who is always running around and playing in the sand. So I heavy duty suncare and Smart Girls Who Surf is right up my alley. Now, I cannot surf but have always wanted to go to Southern California and learn so this line also allows me to pretend that I am California girl (cue the Katy Perry music).

Smart Girls Who Surf is a natural skincare line based out of Laguna Beach and they pride themsleves on using natural and organic products that will not hurt the environment. A unique aspect of this line is that they are aware that anything that is on your skin when you go swimming will end up in the ocean so they strive to make products that do no harm the fragile ocean environment and ecosystem. Man, I need to move to Southern California...

The first product that I want from this company is the After Sun Soothing Lotion. As I said the other day, my skin always feels dry after I get in from outside and I need products that can help correct this issue. "Hydrate and nourish your overexposed, dry skin. Smart Girls Who Surf hydrating body lotion will revitalize your overexposed dry skin after a long day at the beach or pool. Specially enriched with organic aloe, green tea extract, and anti-oxidants (vitamins A, B5, and C), this all natural formula will leave your skin feeling hydrated and nourished. You will once again have healthy skin! This is the best lotion for dry skin. Paraben free. Water resistant and sweat resistant. Hypo-allergenic for face and body. Perfect for sensitive skin. Light kiwi scent". I need to add this to my collection. I am also wondering if after sun lotions will help my fake tan since I feel like the DHA in some formula drys my skin out. Time to experiment...

The next item that I need from this company in order to no become a lobster at the beach is the SPF 30 Chemical Free Sunblock. Chemical free means that it shouldn't irritate my skin and that I will actually want to use it. "Our Smart Girls Who Surf Chemical Free SPF 30+ Sunscreen has broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection and is formulated with Zinc Oxide (5%) and titanium dioxide (7%) and fortified with green tea extract, provitamin B5, C, and vitamin E. This sunscreen is sweat resistant, water resistant, won't sting your eyes and is chemical free and paraben free. This is the best sunscreen for your body and it is environmentally friendly!"

I have never even thought about the products that I swear on my skin getting into the ocean and about the effect that they might have on it. I need to try these out and get away from my chemical sunscreens. So I am going to take a chance and order them and hope they are as amazing as they sound!

photo courtesy of Smart Girls Who Surf

No comments: