Wednesday, July 28, 2010

MAC Dare To Wear

Dare To Wear is the newest collection of eye and lip shades from MAC. It is a small collection, consisting only of eye shadow shades and lipglass shades. Since I don't Dare To Wear very often, I don't know how well this collection will suit me. I am going to challenge myself to find at least one shade from each group and try to adapt it to my look with the shades that I already own.

The MAC website describes the collection as follows, "Join the brigade of loud-and-proud who daily dare to declare their own individuality. High-powered pigment and holographic pearl create a crazy-intense, shine-saturated gloss, combined with eye shadow shades as over-the-top as Lady G live! Not afraid to DARE TO WEAR? Bravo!"

Here we go...

Eye Shadow - Highly-pigmented powder. Applies evenly, blends well.
- Aqua - subdued, pale grayed aqua (Matte)
- Crazy Cool - pale frosty lavender (Veluxe Pearl)
- Free To Be - bright true coral (Matte)
- Sky Blue - robin's egge blue (Matte)
- Winkle - midtone cornflower blue (Satin)
- Lime - lime green (Matte)
- Going Bananas - soft lemon yellow (Frost)
- Zingy - bright sky blue (Matte)
- Atlantic Blue - bright violet blue (Matte)
- Louder, Please - bright fuchsia (Matte)
- Shock-a-holic - deep purple (Matte)
- Sassy Grass - bright grass green (Matte)

Dare To Wear Lipglass - An out-to-shock Lipglass that combines bold, high-impact pigment colour with holographic pearl for a multi-dimensional effect that helps shape, shine, and dynamically dazzle the lips! Creamy smooth: easy and comfortable to wear - if you dare! Limited edition.
- Dare to Dare - light blue pink with multi pearl
- Wind Me Up - dirty bronze with pink and gold pearl
- So Bad - midtone coral orange with pink and gold pearl
- Gimme That! - bright fuchsia pink with pink pearl
- Bold & Brash - bright red with multi pearl
- Ban This! - deep purple with multi pearl

Ok, none of the lip shades are a go, all of them are too pigmented and bright for my taste. I want to get only two of the eye shadow shades, but I am only confident that one of them will work. The shade that I am condident will work with what I already own is Crazy Cool, the pale lavender. I really like the Sassy Grass shade but I must see how bright it comes out in real life. I am thinking that I could work it into my current eye routine by doing it as a pop of color in the crease when paired with golds and bronzes.

photo courtesy of MAC

No comments: