Tuesday, July 13, 2010

French Week 2010 Day 2 - Chanel Coco Mademoiselle

The iconic Chanel brand needs no real introduction, indeed there is little that I could say right now that I have not already said at some point in this blog. To me, Chanel in Paris and Paris is Chanel. For many girls, when they first understand the concept of perfume and have the ability to remember brand names, Chanel is what they come to think of when they think of fragrance. Last year, I talked about my history with Chanel No. 5 but this year, we are going to look at my favorite fragrance from Chanel and one of my favorite fragrances overall.

I first tried this fragrance out one day when I was in college. However, being a semi-broke college student meant that this perfume was going to have to wait for another day even though it was love at first sniff. I obsessed over it for a month then was able to pick up some extra hours at my part time job and purchase a bottle of the fragrance. I still have that bottle and it still smells wonderful. It remains the fragrance that I get the most compliments on. And not compliments about my perfume, compliments about how beautiful I smell. This fragrance was perfect for me from the day that I first tried and it remains so every single time that I use it.

Sephora classifies this fragrance in the family of the orientals. The fragrance is described on their website as follows, "You might want to call her Miss - but she prefers Coco Mademoiselle. With the creation of Coco Mademoiselle in 2001, Jacques Polge reaffirms the modernity of the young Coco Chanel, who overturned convention with the pure and simple lines of her inimitable style. Coco Mademoiselle is the fragrance Coco Chanel would have worn wear if she were 21 at the dawn of the 21st century."

The top notes of the fragrance are: orange, bergamot. The heart notes are: jasmine petals, morning rose. The base notes are: patchouli, vetiver. Of course there is a rose note to this fragrance, how else would I fall madly in love with it?!

I have the EDT spray in this fragrance, I originally wanted the EDP but I had to be somewhat practical and it was either the EDT or nothing at all. I really like the EDT but I prefer the EDP and when I finish up my current bottle, I will invest in the EDP. Through the Chanel website, this fragrance is also available in a pure parfum and a variety of body products and giftsets.

This fragrance is for the younger Chanel girl, one who is embarking on the beginning of adulthood and has her life in front of her. A young Coco is how I would love to think of myself...

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: