Thursday, July 29, 2010

California Baby Suncare Products

I know that I have been looking ahead to fall and am enmeshed in the fall makeup collections. However, that doesn't mean that I can ignore the fact that I still need my sun protection to perform to the standards required in the height of summer. Last weekend, I spent the whole afternoon in the sun at the Phillies games, this weekend I might be going down the shore. Sunscreen is not my favorite product to use since one that is too strong will really irritate my skin. Therefore, I decided to try a different approach this time. The California Baby company makes skin and suncare that is perfect for a baby's skin, so my will be safe in the hands of these products. Their products are natural and environmentally friendly.

The first product that I am considering is the Aloe Vera Cream. I didn't get burned last weekend at the game but my skin always feels very dry after being in the sun and I wanted something that would hydrate and soothe it. This can be used on either the body or face. "Nature's first aid! Botanically based, this light and fluffy non-greasy cream contains 100% Aloe Vera infused with herbs and essential oils known for their soothing and healing properties. Recommended for eczema, rosacea, and other skin sensitivities. Ultra hydration...aids dry, irritated, or parched skin. Use to heal, soothe, and repair stretch marks, scars, sunburned, or just shaved or waxed skin. Use it as a great year-round moisturizing lotion for all ages...newborn and up." I need this product for my body and face! I am especially excited to try it post waxing, last time I went to the salon, I didn't get my usual stylist and my eyebrows were red and irritated for a day after the wax.

The second item that I really want from this company is a sunblock stick. It often seems that no matter how well I put on my sunscreen, I always miss a few tiny areas. Like the top of my ears and right around my forehead. Then I get really strange looking burned patches that look horrid. The product that would suit me well for this purpose is the No Fragrance SPF 30 Sunblock Stick. "Pop this convenient PABA-free, non-chemical, fragrance-free sunblock stick into your pocket, purse, or diaper bag. The whole fmaily will love this easy-to-use stick that gives those "hot spots" a boost of extra protection. Our non-chemical sunblock stick employs a highly micronized, non-whitening titanium dioxide that scatters and reflects dangerous UV rays, offering UVA-UVB broad-spectrum protection. Non-staining formula. It glides on smoothly for easy application. May be used in combination with our SPF 30+ sunscreen lotions."

These products can easily be found at Whole Foods and Target year round. I will be heading out to my local Target before I hit up the beach this weekend.

photo courtesy of California Baby

No comments: