Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Anne Hathaway at the 2011 Oscars

Now Anne Hathaway did have to play around her makeup looks to match her many dresses, since I can't cover everything, I will look at my favorite outfit and makeup combination from her that night. My favorite was her Red Carpet look, I think that she set the tone for the whole evening when she stepped out of her limo and showed the crowd her beautiful Valentino gown.

Her makeup was from Chanel and is a stunning exmaple of how well this brand performs against any other makeup line. Her look was created by celebrity makeup artist Kate Lee. "Anne wore a red Valentino Couture archive dress on the red carpet. The look was centered around a thin lined eye with a defined socket and a deep rose red lip stain. For a base, I used Chanel Vitalumiere Fluid Makeup in Limipide, which I used throughout the show. For concealer, I used Kanebo Brush Type Concealer in CB 1 Light. To create a fresh glow on her cheeks, I used Chanel Powder Blush in Fresque, and defined cheek bones with Kevyn Aucoin The Sculpting Powder in Medium. I created a black line created with Bobbi Brown Longwear Gel Liner in Black Ink. The eye socket was defined with Illamasqua Powder Eye Shadow in Truth, and I applied Chanel Inimitable Mascara in Noir. On her lips, I used Chanel Rouge Coco Lip Colour in Rivoli, and lightly powdered over her mouth for a matte effect. In between changes, I used By Terry Rose Salve to remove lip colors and keep lips fresh." Thank you Temptalia for the amazing quote from Kate Lee.

I love this look and now I must buy this lipstick from Chanel for myself and the Bobbi Brown Longwear Gel Liner. I just really think that Anne Hathaway can do no wrong in her choices for the Red Carpet.

photo courtesy of elementofstyleblog.com

No comments: