Friday, March 25, 2011

Tarina Tarantino Spring 2011 Collection

Last week, I was at Sephora and I was able to stop at the Tarina Tarantino counter and work on figuring out what the new products for spring are. The website isn't all the clear on what is what, with the exception of the new eye palette. I found out at the store that the eye palette is the main piece of the collection, with two other products contained in the collection too. The following quote from Tarina Tarantino herself was on the Sephora website and I thought it was a great lead-in to the new collection. '"On a trip to Europe, I discovered a forgotten treasure dating back many years: delicate hand-painted resin flowers in an endless rainbow of colors. These exquisite flowers became part of my jewelry collections and have now inspired my new Floriculture Palette. These eight full-size shadows have a velvety soft texture and intense color payoff that will create gorgeous makeup looks for day and night.' - Tarina Tarantino, jewelry designer and makeup artist".

The new products...

Floriculture Palette - A palette of eight high-intensity shades. This palette of velvety soft shadows makes your eyes radiant as jewels. For intense, shimmery payoffs, each formulation includes ultra-intense pigments and the powder of crushed pearls, diamonds, and smooth porcelain. Quality ingredients assure long wear and can be applied either wet or dry.
- Hollycock - pearlized brown
- Trumpette - golden apricot
- Night Hopper - pearlized taupe
- Taurella - creamy vanilla
- Secret Pond - mossy green
- Deep Dahlia - deep purple
- Poppycock - shimmery bright purple
- Tiny Pansie - pearlized dusty rose

Fleur de Lash - A superior mascara formula that dramatically thickens and lengthens lashes. Fleur de Lash enhances and magnifies each lash for seductively long, sexy-looking lashes. The long-lasting formula will not flake and the hair-conditioning properties nourish the lashes so they remain soft and supple. The extra-thick and extra-long brush has many levels of bristles, so that it captures every lash.
- Black Opal - black

Sparklicity Lip Gloss - A hydrating gloss that adds color and sparkle to your lips. One of the most innovative products on the market, this gloss contains gemstone powders to create dazzling glimmer effects on the lips. Lip staining pigments add color that increases with each additional coat. Natural oils and butters provide hours of non-sticky hydration. Wear alone or over other lip products.
- Kosmonaut - plum wine with iridescent shimmer
- Nouveau Nude - bronzed peach with iridescent shimmer
- Opaline - translucent with iridescent shimmer
- Paiette - sheer light pink with iridescent shimmer
- Parade - hot pink with pink and iridescent shimmer
- Tulip - vivid fuchsia with iridescent shimmer

Gosh, I just love that eye shadow palette and it is headed to the top of my shopping list other the next month. I can honestly say that I will love and use all of the shades in the palette, which is a rarity these days. I love that the company has combined all of the neutral shades with shades of purples and roses to add a pop of color to the eyes. I have to try out the mascara to add to my mascara collection, so I will be picking that up soon. I also loved the new lip gloss formula when I was playing with it at Sephora and I am impressed that a company has released a slant tip gloss instead of the usual sponge tip applicator. I love the Paiette and Parade shades for the spring time.

The palette in this collection might well be in the top ten list of best products that came out this spring. We are seeing lots of great palettes this season and I know that I will be buying many of them...
photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: