Wednesday, March 16, 2011

O.P.I. Spring 2011 Collection - Texas

So far this spring we have looked at the O.P.I. for Sephora polish collection and now it is time for the regular O.P.I. collection. These collections couldn't be any more different, the Sephora one is all pales and modern shades. This collection is based on Texas and the big, open country. As far as I am concerned, this is not a collection for me. Texas has given us cowboys, ten gallon hats, and one of my least favorite football teams ever. This collection is as far it can get from the Gris City collection from Dior that I fell in love with much earlier this spring. Hopefully there might still be some worthwhile shades in this collection even though I dislike the overall theme.

"Get ready for modern American style, as O.P.I. comes "home" to the USA with the Texas Collection. A fresh and refreshing facet to an effortlessly chic, very unique, and colorful original style season. Includes 6 unique shades with a "sorbet-like" finish". This company doesn't really describe what the "sorbet-like" finish is but looking at the shades it appears that they are a cream with a shimmery finish. I would imagine they almost have more of a jelly-like finish when they dry on the nail. If anyone has anymore information about this, please leave me a comment about it.

The "sorbet-like" shades are...

- Do You Think I'm Tex-y? - medium cool toned magneta
- Houston We Have A Purple - medium fuchsia
- Too Hot Pink To Hold' Em - bright blue pink
- Y'All Come Back Ya Hear - bright orange coral
- Big Hair...Big Nails - bright warm coral pink
- Guy Meets Gal-veston - medium cool blue pink
The rest of the shades in this collection...

- Don't Mess With O.P.I. - deep forest green cream
- Suzi Loves Cowboys - deep warm brown
- San Tan-tonio - warm medium beige
- Austin-tatious Turquoise - bright aqua shimmer
- It's Totally Fort Worth It - pale shimmery silver
- I Vant To Be A'Lone Star - frosty white

None of these shades are very unique, O.P.I. must have released shades like this tons of times before hand. My favorite shade is Austin-tatious, the aqua shade that will look great against all the silvers and grays that have been popular so far this spring. The other two shades that I like are It's Totally Fort Worth It and I Vant To Be A'Lone Star. I don't know if I really dislike any of the other shades but I don't find them unique enough to warrant purchase this time around. I am also not a fan of the names so I'm not even swayed by the marketing of this collection.

photo courtesy of O.P.I.

No comments: