Thursday, March 24, 2011

Bath and Body Works Royal Wedding Collection

You can't turn on the news or read a magazine without hearing something about the upcoming royal wedding. So it was only a matter of before companies began to jump on the bandwagon and produce products that celebrate the event. Bath and Body works is once such company and for this spring, they have introduced a limited edition line of lip glosses and Pocket Bacs. Each of the products are decorated with the British flag and jewels that remind me of those that are housed in the royal collection. I love England and their culture so these realy appeal to me. Personally, I prefer HArry over William but I wouldn't turn any of the royal men down. I recommend that you guys head over to Bath and Body Works and pick theseup while they are in stock since they are out this spring only.

First the three new Pocket Bacs. All the fragrances in this product contain Tahitian Palm milk to leave your hands feeling conditioned while the other ingredients are killing the surface germs. The first of the new collection is called Princess in Training and is a candy apple scent. The scent reminds me of Winter Candy Apple from holiday and is a mixture of crisp apple, candied orange, and rich cinnamon spice. This is my favorite of the three new scents, since I love Winter Candy Apple and now have a reason to carry a bottle of it around that isn't covered in snowflakes and reindeer. If the Tiara Fits is the second of the new collection and it is the Berry scent. The scent is a juicy mixed berry scent and reminds me more of blueberries than any other. The last of the new fragrances is Royal Pucker and is one that I love for the name alone. The scent is grape, which I hate so that doesn't attract me to the product. This one is a just a regular fruity scent. The one that I want the most in this group is the Princess in Training scent and I will pick a bunch of those up quite soon.

The second part of the collection is four new lip glosses from the Liplicious collection. All of the Liplicious lip glosses contain Vitamin E and Jojoba Oil to help hydrate and smooth lips with providing a high gloss finish and fantastic flavor. The first of the new glosses is named If the Tiara Fits and is a shimmery, sparkly sheer gold shade that has a pineapple flavor. This one is my favorite flavor of the new collection and I think that the gold sheen from this product will look great this summer against bronzed skin. The second shade is named Royal Pucker and is my favorite shade of the collection. This gloss is a shimmery, sheer dusty rose with a spiced berry flavor. I love this shade, it will work with a natural look or against dramatic eye makeup. This one will be coming home with me. The next shade in the collection is named Kissed by a Prince and is another good choice for my skintone. This shade is a shimmery, sheer pink with a melon flavor. All of the comments that I made for Royal Pucker will apply to this one too so this one is another must-buy for me. The last of the new lip glosses is named Princess in Training and is my least favorite of the group. This one is a shimmery, translucent peachy-pink color with a creamy orange flavor. In the tube, this one appears more peach than pink so I think this one will be to warm for me and I don't really like orange scents for my lip glosses.

This collection contains some really fun items to pick up this spring to celebrate the big event. Everything is limited edition but I can see myself using the lip glosses all summer and into next fall against different eye makeup looks. Time for me to add some more English flair to my train case this spring...

photo courtesy of Bath and Body Works

No comments: