Tuesday, March 29, 2011

YSL Spring 2011 Collection

This is the last of my spring collection coverage, I can't believe that spring is over already and that summer is quickly coming upon us. This has been one of my favorite springs in the past few years and I think that I could call this one of my favorite seasons overall. I loved all the purples and designer collaborations that came out over the season and I had very few misses this season. YSL is my last collection this time around and still remains a collection that I admire every time that I see it at Sephora but just haven't purchased much of anything from it. I blame my MAC obsession for never trying this brand out...

 The YSL website states the following about their newest look for spring, "The Spring Collection is illuminated with sheer modern colors and pink hues against bright and saturated blue and indigos." The pinks I can do in this collection but I don't know how well the blue and indigo shades will be working for me. The model in this promotional picture is very pale skined so I bet that I will find some items for myself this time around.

The collection...

Creme de Blush - Unique cream to powder blush offers a luminous, radiant, and healthy look. The remarkably soft formulation feels like silk upon application, ensuring a seamless result. And because the non-waxy texture will not break through makeup, it is an excellent touch-up tool for use throughout the day. Suggested application: Using finertips, gently apply to the apples of the cheeks, blending up and outward toward the hairline. Gently tap into the skin for flawless blending.
- 2 Powdery Rose - medium cool rose
- 3 Silky Praline - pale peach
- 5 Fuschia Temptation - bright magenta pink
- 6 Rouge Passion - true red

Ombre Solo Smoothing Effect Eye Shadow - Certain to be a YSL classic, this silky-soft powder sweeps on vibrant, rich color that stays true from day to night. The radiance enhancing formula highlights eyes in every shade, which blend beautifully together, so any look is easy to achieve. Presented in an elegant gold compact with two applicators - a foam tip for blending and a brush for precision - ensure effortless color comfort.
- 15 Gold Leaf - bright shimmery gold
- 16 Topaz Blue - bright blue

Ombres 5 Lumieres 5 Color Harmony for Eyes - A versatile palette of monochrome shadows in four captivating colors and finishes, ranging from shimmer to sheen and metallic to matte - and one coordinating highlighter. All shades harmoniously blend to create any look you desire - soft and subtle or dazzling and dramatic; your options are endless. The silky long-wear formula with an optical smoothing effect that reveals breathtakingly radiant color that looks luminous in any lighting.
- 2 Indian Pink - medium cool purple/gold rose/pale white shimmer/pale pink shimmer/deep plum

Rouge Volupte Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick SPF 15 - An object of desire, this award-winning lipstick is wrapped in a romantic, elegant gold case that exudes luxury. Each signature shade saturates lips in captivating color that's intensely pigmented, and imparts an incredible glossy shine. The long-lasting, comforting formula is highlighted with a unique Color-Shine Complex that leaves lips visibly smoother, plumper, and more radiant. Light, silky texture smoothes on a veil of satiny, sensual color that's altogether alluring. Companion mirror on top of case ensures easy application any time. SPF 15.
- 7 Lingerie Pink - pale cool rose
- 8 Fetish Pink - cool rose
- 19 Frivolous Pink - deep magneta
- 29 Opera Rose - deep pink red

Golden Gloss Shimmering Lip Gloss - Worth its weight in gold, this gorgeous gloss dresses lips in a sophisticated, high-shine shimmer that's truely precious. Sparkling 24 carat gold flecks (0.2%) create a mirror-like effect for guaranteed shimmer, while a complex of nourishing oils protect and hydrate for optimal comfort. Scented with a subtle hint of mango that's utterly irresistable.
- 40 Gold Impertinence - gold flecked magenta
- 41 Golden Isolence - gold flecked fuchsia
- 42 Golden Obsession - gold flecked medium pink
- 43 Golden Irreverence - gold flecked warm pink

Easy Liner for Eyes Automatic Eye Liner - Create dramatic eyes with ease with this foolproof liquid liner that's ultra-glamorous and exceptionally chic. Its perfection is in the precision of the calligraphy brush and its controlled, continous flow that deposits just the right amount of color at each application. Whether it's fine definition or a bold cat-eye look, this versatile pen promises gorgeous color and long-lasting wear all day and night.
- 1 Easy Black - black
- 2 Easy Brown - medium brown
- 3 Easy Blue - navy blue

Mascara Singulier - This mascara dares to do it all! Not only does it create glamorous volume, bold length, and voluptuous curl, but it saturates the root of the lashes like a stroke of liquid liner, creating an intense tupe of separation. The unique brush innovation combines the technology of a traditional brush with the structure of a moulded brush to further push the performance of the formula. The result: exaggerated lashes with "haute couture" precision.
 - 6 Deep Plum - deep dark plum

I love this collection, this is great way to end all of my spring 2011 coverage. My favorite piece in this collection is the eye shadow palette, as I have stated already, the eye shadow palettes overall this spring have been fantastic and I can add this one to this list. I love the pinks and purples, this palette is right on trend and will be perfect for my skintone. I also love the solo eye shadow in the new golden shades, I can live without the blue one.

This has also been a great spring for cream blushes and pink lip shades, this collection provides me even more to love in both of these categories. I love both the Powdery Rose and the Fuschia Temptation shades in this product. Pink cream blushes have been a favorite of mine for ages and I can't wait to add these to my collection. From the lipstick, I want Lingerie Pink and Fetish Pink. I haven't tried the Golden Lip Gloss yet so I have to fully try it out to see how the gold works with my skintone. I want to try the Golden Obsession shade for the daytime and the Golden Impertinence for the evening.

Spring is over so now onto summer and the search for good bronzers and tanners...

photo courtesy of YSL

No comments: