Sunday, March 27, 2011

Banana Republic Wild Bloom

About a month ago, I was being the nice big sister that I am and took my brother to the mall so that he could buy books for his plane ride to Hawaii. After a visit to Barnes & Noble, I decided to head over to Banana Republic and look for some items for myself. Banana Republic is not where I go for fragrances, I usually get so distracted by the cashmere sweaters, fantastic dress pants, and purses usually distract me totally before I get to the small area where the fragrances are housed. However, this time around, Banana Republic had a brand new fragrance out so it rated a display at the very front of the store. After, one spray of this lovely fragrance, I totally forgot about shoes and purses. Quite a feat for anything!
This fragrance is a fruity floral blend but manages to not blend into the mix with all the others that are currently available. This fragrance reminded my first of Dior Addict 2 and then of Jo Malone's Red Roses, both favorites of mine. This scent is perfect for spring and is very light to wear in warm weather. I initially thought that there was rose in this fragrance (on first spritz) but the fragrance became more hydrangea and orchid as the fragrance developed. On me, this fragrance is more floral and not quite as fruity as it has on other people.

The fragrance top notes are: Guava, Pear Skin, Kumquat, Pink Grapefruit. The middle notes are: Watery Hydrangea, Hawaiian Pikake, Blue Orchid, Wild Camellia. The base notes are: Patchouli, Sandalwood, Tonka, Oud Wood, Radiant Musk, Pink Suede. The bottle also has a brown suede flower on the front of it, which I can't tell if it comes off and serves a purpose or is part of the bottle. The fragrance settled at the floral notes quite quickly and then went into the wood notes within about two hours of wear. It disappeared very quickly afterwards, disappointing me in the wear aspect.

This is a great spring fragrance for those of us which love florals. I recommend this fragrance to those who are sensitive to fragrances since this is one of the lighter ones that has come out this spring. I wish it would last longer and that is the major drawback of the fragrance. I am happy that I found a new fragrance note love in hydrangea and now I have a new note to find fragrances containing.

photo courtesy of herblog.com

No comments: