Friday, March 18, 2011

Givenchy Ange ou Demon Le Secret

My newest perfume obsession is one of my first from Givenchy. My past few fragrance loves have all been florals and have all been light enough to wear in this spring. I have been looking fragrances with notes of roses, violets, and cherry blossoms. Normally, I don't go for jasmine fragrances this time of the year and had I not been given a sample of this fragrance last time that I was at Sephora, I might not have even noticed this fragrance. Jasmine is a favorite note of mine and I usually have to reserve it for the cooler weather months but with this fragrance, I can bring it into spring.

This fragrance is placed into the class of "florals" from Sephora. It also mixes it up a bit with a tea note, lessening the sweetness of the florals. "Fresh and luminous, the secret of this caressing, fruity floral is its "jasmine tea" theme. The fragrance faithfully reflects its in inspiration's transparency and delicacy. The result is an unimistakable signature, very Givenchy."

The notes of the fragrance are: Cranberry, Green Tea, White Peony, Sambac, Jasmine, Blond Woods, White Musks.

This is a very distinctive fragrance because of the cranberry and green tea notes. I don't own any other floral fragrances that smell even close to this one. I smell the cranberry and the green tea more than I smell any of the floral notes which is surprising since jasmine usually is one of the strongest notes in any fragrance. This fact in itself makes this fragrance appropriate for spring and very different than any other jasmine fragrance that I have used before. This fragrance has a light to medium intensity and will not overwhelm anyone standing next to you. This fragrance has a lasting power that is on the weaker side and I only get about two to three hours of wear from it. Maybe in humid weather this is will change but it is another aspect that makes this fragrance appropriate for warm weather (though I really prefer a longer lasting fragrance, I was not impressed that it was almost totally faded within two hours).
I like that I can wear jasmine in the summer with this fragrance and I like how unique it is. The green tea note sets it apart from all the other florals that have been released so far this saeaon (and last year too, I feel that this was first released sometime last year). This fragrance is one of the weakest lasting ones that I have worked with in quite a few months. The lasting power might have to do with the fact that most of the notes listed in this fragrance are considered as traditional top notes in fragrances. Therefore, these wear off the fastest and normally do not have the lasting power that ambers, woods, and musks do.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: