Saturday, April 10, 2010

Bath and Body Works Orange Sapphire

A sensual scent that is a citrus?! This is Bath and Body Works' latest fragrance for the spring and the beginning of summer. I am not a fan of citrus fragrances, the worse is Biotherm's Eau Vitaminee, it just smells sour on me and it is awful. In the promo image of this fragrance, Bath and Body Works states this fragrance has florals in it, so maybe they will some out on my skin and make this fragrance better for me. I was able to try this fragrance out the other day and I will put forward my thoughts on it after Bath and Body Works' description.

I looked up the EDT online to get the full description of the fragrance and the inspiration behind what the company was going for. Originally, I had thought this fragrance might be based on the oranges and other fragrances found in Italy but this one is based on the fragrances found in Brazil. Bath and Body Works is billing this as a sexy fragrance and either location works well for creating sexy atmosphere. Personally, I don't find anything citrus to be sexy but that might be becasue I smell like a sour lemon in it. Bath and Body Works states that, "Master perfumers have layered exotic blood orange with tantilizing notes of white jasmine, golden honey, and citrus sangria to create a sexy new fragrance inspired by the fiery passion and sunswept beaches of Brazil".

The top notes are: succulent Blood Orange, Tarocco Orange, Sparkling Grapefruit, Silician Bergamot, Vibrant Mandarin, Davana, Black Currant Buds, Juicy Raspberry, and Sparkling Peach. The middle notes are: White Jasmine Flower, Sheer Orange Blossom, Chinese Magnolia, Orchid Petals, Freesia, and Muguet. The base notes are: Intoxicating Musk, Light Patchouli, Soft Vetiver, White Amber, Vanilla Infusion, brush stroke of Golden Honey, Cognac, and Myrrh.

First of all, I wasn't really all that excited about this fragrance since I am not a person that pull citrus fragrances off. I read over the notes of it and began to hope that the florals in the middle notes would change the fragrance enough that it won't smell sour on me like all others do. I also began to hope that this fragrance might actually be more on the floral side and could end up working out for me.

I tried this fragrance out in both the lotion form and the EDT form. I found that the EDT form was too sharp for my skin and I wasn't a fan of it. The citrus notes were just too strong and overwhelmed the other notes and turned the fragrance semi-sour. The lotion I liked much better. I got none of the floral notes from it but the fragrance turned out to be light and smelled like a sweet orange. However, on my skin, this fragrance is not sexy at all. I just get a sweet orange fragrance that doesn't offend my nose but doesn't turn me into a Brazilian goddess. I would like to get this fragrance in the body lotion and the shower gel for lightly fragranced products for the warmer weather coming in the next few weeks.

photo courtesy of Google

No comments: