Thursday, April 15, 2010

Harajuku Lovers Sunshine Cuties - Lil' Angel

This is last of the five new fragrances, Lil' Angel. From the original collection, this is one of my least favorite fragrances since it is another one that is fruity and sweet, not quite as sweet as Music so I like it a bit more than that one. However, the new version of this one? It is my favorite of the entire collection! I first read about it on the Musings of a Muse blog where she compared it to the long discontinued Bath and Body Works Hello Sugar scent. That I LOVED! This was the first one that I had to get my hands on in Sephora and I wasn't disappointed.

First, the original. "Lil' Angel is a woman who is compassionate and caring toward others, but is no saint. She sports a classy, yet sexy, schoolgirl outfit complete with a plaid pleated miniskirt, white knee-highs, and shiny black Mary Janes. Her scent is a citrus floral with notes of pineapple, candied violet and lollipop accord". The notes are: Raspberry, Cranberry, Blackberry, Pineapple, Pear Blossom, Violet, Rose, Lollipop Accord, Hinoki Wood, and Crystal Amber. I didn't even know that rose was a note in the original, this fragrance smells nothing like a floral at all.

Now for the new one that is my new perfume obsession. "Inspired by the summer, Lil' Angel is feeling sunny with a tan, a new outfit, and a citrus-gourman twist on her original scent." The notes are as following: Meyer Lemon, Mandarin, Touch of Blackberry, Pink Rose, Vanilla Orchid, Tropical Sampaquita Blossom, Sugared Patchouli, Vanilla Bean, Skin Musk, and Golden Amber.

I love this one so much! This is the perfect new fragrance for me! I don't smell the rose note in the new version either but the rest of the notes more than make up for it. It smells just like Hello Sugar and now I can finally have a perfume form of this fragrance. I think out of all the fragrances, this is one where the new version is the least like the original and is more unique than any of the others.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: