Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ojon Revitalizing Mist

Ahhh...the unmistakeable scent of Ojon hair care products! And now with a product that I am actually not going to wash out of my hair? If you can't guess, I put off using this product for quite a decent amount of time but one day I ran out of my favorite PhytoMist and this product was sitting in my collection, ready to be taken for a test drive. This is product falls under the category of detangler more than a leave-in conditioner. It is a hydrator but it also helps to smooth the hair at the same time.

Ojon states that, "Fortified with exclusive Ojon oil, an ancient native secret to naturally beautiful hair from Central America's Tawira tribe, known as "the people of beautiful hair". Ojon Revitalizing Mist is a refreshing, weightless, "shake to activate" formula that works like "liquid Ojon" to instantly detangle hair. This pH-balanced formula, enriched with a vitamin blend helps smooth the hair's cuticle layer to allow for a more even application of styling products."

As stated in the description, this product is originally formed into two separate layers and it must be shaken in order for the ingredients to blend and work correctly. I have always blended the two layers and do not plan on trying each layer out by themselves. I use this product at night only, on wet hair before I put it all into a bun for me to sleep in.

My first thought when using this product is that this product doesn't allow the fragrance to be rinsed off. Though I must admit that after using it for two or three days in row, I began to barely even notice the fragrance at all. After about a week of use, I found that my hair was softer than before I started with it and the overall shine factor is greatly improved. I noticed that this product adds to all the build up that I get on my hair from all my smoothing and hydrating hair products, so a deep cleansing shampoo once a week is still a must with this product.

I got this product when Sephora offered a small version of it as a Beauty Insider gift. I am pleased with the results that I have gotten from it so far and will be comparing the ingredients between it and my beloved PhytoMist. PhytoMist is better for use on hair that has been freshly colored so I may have to alternate the two products. The Ojon doesn't strip hair of color but it isn't color protectant and I find that essential for the first two weeks after a salon visit.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: