Saturday, April 24, 2010

Clinique Vitamin C Lip Smoothie

I first checked this product out when I looked at the Spring 2010 collection from Clinique. The description and shades of this product left me dying to visit the Clinique counter and try it out. A few weeks ago, I was out shopping with my mother and wondered over to the counter to try out. My mother allowed me to pick a shade out and said that she would buy it for me. This is my kind of shopping day!

I checked out the Clinique website again and this is the description from the company. "We've squeezed in the best ingredients, like Vitamin C, and powered up antioxidants so lips look and feel their healthy best. Your recommended daily dose of lusciousness. Brushes on luscious colour and shine in juicy, moisture-rich blends." This product provides sheer to moderate coverage and is a liquid gloss. It is housed in a pen-style container that needs to be clicked up by the user. Initially, these colors look much more vivid at application and then are sheered out during application.

Currently, there are eight shades available in this gloss. I got Pink Me Up, which is the one that I wanted to try the most when I first looked at the Spring collection. The shades are listed as follows...

- Absolute Acai - blackened red purple
- Goodness Grapecious - soft dusty purple
- Rhubarbie - dusty nude with shimmer
- Pink Me Up - soft pink with flecks of silvery pearl
- Mango-thon - soft burnt orange with golden shimmer
- Raisin the Bar - warm raisin with a hint of red
- Nude-tritious - soft nude brown with shimmer
- Fig-a-licious - tawny reddened brown with soft shimmer

Pink Me Up is a great sheer pink for the spring and summer, I love it so much. This is a shade that I could see myself using every single day. The texture of this gloss is creamy and feels very nice on the lips. The first time that I used the click pen, I pumped much too much product out and the over application of the shade made it appear bright bubblegum pink on my lips. I have learned since then and one or two clicks is enough product to cover my entire lip area. I only want to get one more shade from the current selection, the Rhubarbie nude shade. I hope that this collection expands and we get more shade selection from it.

I can't really comment on the Vitamin C and other antioxidant benefits of this product since I don't have any visible signs of aging on my lips. However, the extra protection certainly won't kill me for the future. Especially when it helps me to look pretty and spring-like in the present.

photo courtesy of Clinique

No comments: