Thursday, April 1, 2010

Chanel Rouge Coco Lipstick

Chanel's newest lipstick offering is called Rouge Coco and is a replacement of a cream lipstick that they used to offer. Rouge Coco has been a hit so far and was sold out at the Chanel counter in Macy's that I visited the other day. This has been a very hyped launch (as is almost every single Chanel product launch) and so far it hasn't disappointed anyone in the beauty industry.


Chanel states that "Chanel introduces a modern interpretation of classic creme lip colour as a homage to the rich life and legacy of 'Coco' Chanel. New lightweight lip colour glides on for easy application and features a Hydratendre complex to help soften, soothe, and condition lips - even boosting their ability to hold in moisture - for a plumper, smootheir, and healthier-looking appearance. A range of wearable shades with full-coverage finishes, from matte to pearl to soft shimmer". Pretty much every single shade was sold out at the counter so I can only go by the selections that I am seeing on the Chanel website and how those shades are appearing on my computer (so forgive me if I am not totally 100% accurate).

Here are the new shades...

- Mademoiselle - mid-tone pink beige
- Muse - deep pink brown
- Camelia - deep rose
- Rouge Orage - very deep rose
- Orchidee - mid-tone pink
- Organdi Rose - mid-tone pink brown
- Legende - deep cool red
- Ruban Rose - mid-tone rose
- Taffetas Rose - mid deep rose
- Rose Comete - pale pink
- Cambon - deep brown red
- Satin - mid tone pink beige
- Teheran - pale warm beige
- Egerie - mid tone beige
- Beige Felin - deep warm brown beige
- La Pausa - mid tone brown
- Perle - pale frosted brown
- Secret - deep frosted brown
- Cashmere - mid tone beige
- Lune Rousse - deep red
- Paris - mid tone cool red
- Gabrielle - mid tone brown red
- Rouge Noir - deep dark plum
- Rivoli - deep red
- Bel Respiro - mid tone brown red
- Vendome - deep brown red
- Talisman - deep brown with a hint of red ton
- Ballet Russe - deep plum with a hint of red tone
- Venise - mid tone warm brown
- Sycomore - lighter mid tone brown
- Bois des Iles - mid tone mahogany

I was able to play with some of the testers from this collection and I was very impressed with my limited exposure to the products. The lipstick went on soft and creamy. It provided full coverage without feeling dry on my hand. I can't comment onhow it feels and wears on the lips since I wouldn't try the testers on my lips. After rubbing it on my hand, it took soap and water in the bathroom to get it off and still a stain was left on my hand so this product should wear well in the real world. The sales associate told me that this lipstick is considered to be in the long-wearing category so this was to be expected. I was also told from the sales associate that this lipstick goes on sheer with the first swipe and can be built up for truer color. I am going to assume that the shades as pictured on the Chanel website are several swipes of color since none of them appeared on the sheerer side.

So what shades did I like from this collection? Gabrielle, Rivoli, and Paris are all shades of reds and I loved all of them. This is the type of formula that I require in a red lipstick shade. i also like Ruban Rose for a bit more of a natural look for the daytime.

Ladies go and test this lipstick out and if you find a counter with a assortment of shades, drop me a comment.

photo courtesy of Chanel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Teheran