Friday, April 9, 2010

Benefit Confessions of a Concealaholic

I used to be a conceal-a-holic. I couldn't leave my house without full foundation and tons of concealer covering up all the "flaws" that I insisted were all over my face. I went through concealer like water. And this was in college so it wasn't all that long ago. Now I am more enlightened and have realized that the tons of concealer that I used to pile on just made everything worse and appear worse too. But even though I am using much less now, I am still interested in finding and trying the best concealers on the market today. Benefit's new set, Confessions of a Concealaholic puts all their best concealing and brightening products all in one set.

Sephora states that "Embrace your inner conceal-a-holic! Why fight it when you can hide it, conceal it, camouflage it, and cover it? This concealing and brightening kit has EVERYTHING you need to live happily ever after!" This kit contains both primers and concealers so a step by step application can be done and a flawless face can be achieved no matter what the original problem is.

Here is what the kit contains. It contains "That Gal" which is a brightening primer. It contains two shades of the "Boi-ing" industrial strength concealer. The offered shades are a light shade and a shade that can be used for medium complexions. My best results have come from mixing concealers so I am very happy that Benefit puts two shades in so the user can create their own best match. This kit also contains "Erase Paste" which is a brightening camouflage for eyes and face. This kit offers it in the shade that medium complexions would use. Another brightening product that is offered in this set is the "Lemon Aid" which is a sheer yellow color correcting primer. I have wanted to try this product out for my undereye circles but haven't gotten around to it yet. On the other side of the shade spectrum of brighteners, Benefit includes "Eye Bright", a pale pink brightener.

In addition to the above products, this collection includes concealer brushes and step by step instructions for all of these products. I love that Benefit includes instructions in how to best use the products. Benefit almost always includes some type of instructions in their sets and I hope that other companies will jump on this bandwagon. This is great kit for someone that needs to try different concealing products and learn how to use them correctly. I don't have any of these products though I have heard great reviews on most of the individual products in this kit. This will a welcome addition to my collection of products.

photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: